Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ending playdates. my DD doesnt like her friend anymore.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM
  • 8 Replies

when my DD was born i knew no one for her to play with her own age.

through facebook i found a girl i went to school with had a daughter born the same month as my DD. So when our girls where 10mths old we started having playdates and the girls would play.

now at 4 my DD has told me she doesnt want to play with her little 'friend'.

is this a stage or is this the age (4) when children decide who they like and dont like to play with?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MommieSDW
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:02 PM

My kids frequently have the "you're not my friend anymore" phase. I pretty much ignore it and still continue with play dates because 9 times out of 10, my kids change their mind 10 seconds in. 

manamott
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM
My son comes home with a different best friend every day after a horrible falling out with the last best friend then they're best friends again the next day. I'd say keep up with the playdates for a while and see if she changes her mind. My son is 5 BTW.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mindiidnim4
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:10 PM
That's so common at this age! Everyday my sim comes home from school and tells me he's no longer friends with "so and so" but is friends again the next day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMommy130
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM
My dd is 5 and decides on a daily basis who her best friend at school is! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I would give it time, they often have these phases... However, a friendship should feel good, if it doesn't, she should have to be friends with her. The little girl may be being mean or may be making your dd uncomfortable. Follow your gut and allow your dd to follow hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FolasadesMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM

ive started dodging the playdates. because DD doesnt want to play. i ask her and she says no say 9-10. im thinking she may really not like the little girl

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

I would give it time, they often have these phases... However, a friendship should feel good, if it doesn't, she should have to be friends with her. The little girl may be being mean or may be making your dd uncomfortable. Follow your gut and allow your dd to follow hers.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Do they play well when they're actually together?

ProudMommy51006
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Then I would just keep dodging... Maybe it's time to start the open communication with your dd and ask her what is bothering her about playing with this friend. Tell her that she can always come to you to talk.

I have a friend that has her ds 4 months bofore I had my dd (almost 6). A year ago she started telling me
she didn't wanna hang out with him anymore. I didn't make her of course, come to find out, he would hit her every time they played. I told my dd she never has to put up with someone hitting her, that boys should never hit girls and friends should never hit friends and she didn't have play with him anymore. She said thank you mommy.

Quoting FolasadesMom:

ive started dodging the playdates. because DD doesnt want to play. i ask her and she says no say 9-10. im thinking she may really not like the little girl

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)