• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So frickin ITCHY!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just got a tat last night and its itchy as all hell!!!!!!! It's pretty small, maybe an inch and a half tall, and an inch wide. One of my friends * who is damn near covered in tats * said that its possible since I'm a quick healer, and because my tat is so small, that I could already be scabbing over and getting ready to peel.

All I know is my tat is so frickin itchy!!!!!! GAH! I just want to scratch the hell to it, but I know I can't! I'll post a pic of it in replies.

Btw.....I'm using lotion like crazy. This is my first tat, so pardon me if I sound a bit....um....slow.....about the whole tat healing process. tattoo

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
merinasmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Idk mine is a week old and I want to scratch it off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Lmao! Yeah that happens. Honestly, I didn't put lotion on my ink that fast. I waited atleast a week to put lotion and used aquaphor in the beginning. But I did that according to my artist. Every artist is different and has different instructions. Maybe you won't itch as much if you start putting the ointment back on. Oh and don't be afraid if you see specks of color coming off the new ink. That's totally normal. I freaked when I saw that with my first lol. But its totally normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Yeah all mine didn't stop itching for about 1 1/2 weeks or so. The bigger ones took the longest.

Quoting merinasmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

My tat guy said to just be sure to keep it clean and to put lotion on it....fragrance free lotion.

Plus thats what my friend does on hers....and shes covered in tats.

merinasmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM
if it doesn't stop soon I may go crazy

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Yeah all mine didn't stop itching for about 1 1/2 weeks or so. The bigger ones took the longest.

Quoting merinasmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Stupid phone.......it wont load the pic......grrrrrr

cpflum08
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I don't know if it's "ok" to do but I always patted mine. It really seemed tO help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl2810
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Make sure the lotion is Lanolin free. If it has it it *can* pull the color and fade it. Use A&D! It helps a lot too!

When you wanna scratch it, slap it. Not hard but kinda tap it with a flat hand, it helps "relieve" the itch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)