Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sick child at home help

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM
  • 7 Replies
i have a one year old child with really bad green buggers and bad cough. what do you think i should give him to make him feel better? i took him to the doctor and they send him saline water and five drops of albuterol for areosole.
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Is the saline spray helping? You can try steaming him too (either close up the bathroom and turn the shower on full blast or sit with him and the humidifier).

PEEK05
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM

What do you mean what should you give him? There is no medication available to him. Maybe some infant Advil if he is miserable or in pain or has a fever.

LalaWiley
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Sleep. That helps my DD get over colds quickly. If she is having trouble breathing we use the humidifier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Use a cool mist humidifier or turn on the shower as hot as it'll go and sit in the steam with him.

jackie12yaq
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM
i was only asking what can help my child. i know i cant give him anything.
adalynnsmom
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Vick's his feet, in between his toes, and his chest and back.  Set up a vaporizer if you have one.  Our dr told the cool mist ones are better.  If not steam up the bathroom with him in it.  It helps open everything up.  I hope he is feeling better soon.  Oh and at night, you can a tent over his bed and set the vaporizer in it.  It helps a lot.

jackie12yaq
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM
thanks i will definitely try that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)