• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does my child do this?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
My 5yr old DS has a new habit of spilling something like a drink and covering it up with a towel or blanket instead of telling me. I have no idea where he gets this from because whenever myself or DH spill something we clean it up. Mind you we have carpet so when if he spills milk without telling me it starts to smell. Now I am at the point where I make him stand in the kitchen and drink because my rug is going to get ruined. Have you ever had this happened to you? What did you do to stop it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM

It sounds like he's either scared of being punished for spilling or he's just being lazy. Which do you think it is?

lulu_tattoos
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:49 PM
No but i've never allowed my kids to take drinks out of the kitchen/dining area, and they're 9 and 6. I say stick with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi_1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Could be lazy like his father lol, seriously he does not get into trouble for spilling things because we know accidents happen. I only tell him to come tell me as soon as it happens so that I can clean it, BUT he does get into trouble for hiding it.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

It sounds like he's either scared of being punished for spilling or he's just being lazy. Which do you think it is?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Then I think you're doing the right thing by keeping drinks in the kitchen. That way there's no room for hidden spills.

Quoting jazi_1:

Could be lazy like his father lol, seriously he does not get into trouble for spilling things because we know accidents happen. I only tell him to come tell me as soon as it happens so that I can clean it, BUT he does get into trouble for hiding it.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

jazi_1
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Thats what I'm going to keep doing, it just avoids all problems.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Then I think you're doing the right thing by keeping drinks in the kitchen. That way there's no room for hidden spills.

Quoting jazi_1:

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)