Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok CM dr's!! What's wrong with me?!?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
I had terrible heartburn when I was pregnant. But as soon as I delivered it was gone. I really enjoyed my coke in the hospital. Lol well since being home sometimes when I eat I get this pain in my chest like I have something stuck in it. It hurts so bad and I want to belch. I try to eat slow, it doesn't matter what I'm trying to eat, or drink. Most of the time I don't get relief until I throw up. Usually that works and I can finish eating. But tonight my dinner sits on the table getting cold and my tummy is growling. I've thrown up 3 or 4 times. I've gotten hiccups, and I'm still burping. I'm afraid to eat but my tummy feels normal so I want to eat. And I'm nursing so I need to eat. Ahhh!!!! Why me!!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom_of_one_2010
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Idk I would try anaicds maybe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RGladson
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Have you ever had your gallbladder checked? Sounds like symptoms related to gallbladder attacks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM
In my chest? I thought stomach cramps were, which I had horrible horrible cramping while pregnant but chucked it up as pregnancy pains.

I'm going for my PP check up in 3 weeks. I will definately talk about this with her. But was just wanting ideas now since I'm in pain tonight.

Quoting RGladson:

Have you ever had your gallbladder checked? Sounds like symptoms related to gallbladder attacks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RGladson
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Yep. My mom just had hers taken out last November after dealing with similar symptoms for about 5 years.

If that's not it, hope you can figure it out and get help with it! Sounds horrible... hope you feel better and you can eat something eventually!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Thanks. I'll do some research on it tomorrow when I get on my computer

Quoting RGladson:

Yep. My mom just had hers taken out last November after dealing with similar symptoms for about 5 years.

If that's not it, hope you can figure it out and get help with it! Sounds horrible... hope you feel better and you can eat something eventually!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missbrinleysmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I had my gallbladder rupture last february and had to have an energency surgery. I was having very similiar pain/ symptoms to what you are describing before I woke up one night and felt like I was dying...literally! Just get it checked out...better to be safe than sorry.

cowboysgirl2810
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:56 PM
I agree with pp"s. Def ask them about your gall bladder. When they suspected issues with mine, most of your symptoms were on the "survey" and flagged them. (Well except the belching, but I've done that since first grade! Lol) one of the initial symptoms are chest pains/heart burn. Your gall bladder is a fat filter, so when it isn't functioning properly, it can cause heart bnurn. Also, they say women are more likely to develop issues with it after pregnancy.

My good friednd had a baby new years day. By the babies 3 week mark, she was in and out of the hospital 4 times. Finally, the end of Jan they realized she had MAJOR gall stones and had to have emergency surgery. She felt 100% better (except surgical pain of course) almost immidiately!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Yep def sounds like gallbladder. I wouldn't wait 3 weeks if it were me. Good luck. Feel better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I was finally able to eat the rest of my dinner. I made a good dinner tonight too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)