Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

long term birth control?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM
  • 39 Replies
What do you suggest? I just recently got a unplaned pregnancy, that ended up being a molar pregnancy, and I have a 11 month old DD, and I do not want another any time soon!

I don't remember to take the pill, and I'm allergic to the patch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I'm on Depo. You take one shot every three months. Depo is a love it or hate it bc. People that don't like really hate it. I've been on it for years and I love it, the only side effect I've ever had is not having a period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry.

vrbtnseele
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I was on depo when I got pregnant this last time, and gained 20 pounds from it. So I'm hoping for a better option. I hate that I gained weight, and I'm afraid of having another unplanned pregnancy and losing it like the last.

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

I'm on Depo. You take one shot every three months. Depo is a love it or hate it bc. People that don't like really hate it. I've been on it for years and I love it, the only side effect I've ever had is not having a period.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I had the Mirena IUD for 5 yrs and loved it.After we have another baby,or stop TTC,I'll get it again.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Paragard.

You dont get the luxury of having no periods,but it is HORMONE FREE, so its a lot healthier for your body. IMO. I had a Pulmonary Embolism due to the pill, so Paragard is the only way I can go. I've had no problems with it, btw.

army3mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I was on the patch when I got pregnant with dd1 and on the depo. When I got pregnant with dd2. Now I got a Tubal :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I was thinking about Mirena,...but after the horror storys I've seen on here I'm a little afraid. Lol. I was going to bring it up to my doctor when I see him next week, but I am nervous about that one.

Quoting MrsApple:

I had the Mirena IUD for 5 yrs and loved it.After we have another baby,or stop TTC,I'll get it again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM

IUD

vrbtnseele
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM
What is it exactly? I havnt heard of it.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Paragard.

You dont get the luxury of having no periods,but it is HORMONE FREE, so its a lot healthier for your body. IMO. I had a Pulmonary Embolism due to the pill, so Paragard is the only way I can go. I've had no problems with it, btw.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vrbtnseele
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Yeah, I was on depo when I got pregnant this last time, unfortunitly (excuse my spelling) it caused a molar pregnancy for me. Not that I wanted another child right now anyways, but its still sad.

Quoting army3mom:

I was on the patch when I got pregnant with dd1 and on the depo. When I got pregnant with dd2. Now I got a Tubal :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)