Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gave me a Heart Attack!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

BOYS I SWEAR!!

Okay so my 2 1/2 year old son normally loves taking baths/showers. Well we do not watch TV during the week because we are just too busy and well we don't want him to watch too much tv. Anyway, he was watching the disney channel, SHAKE IT UP lol (he loves it and i don't know why......probably the music) and was just like a zombie in front of it. Well Mark (my bf and his father) was trying to get him to get away from the tv so that he could go take a bath. Well he didn't want to so mark turned the tv off. We are in our room where all of this is taking place. I was in our bathroom trying to get this stupid hair from my dang eyebrows. All of a sudden i hear mark say something and then followed by HE IS BLEEDING. I am thinking GREAT!! (sarcasm) I am getting worried because it wouldn't stop bleeding. Mark gets him into the bath and it is still bleeding so we are getting ready to take him into urgent care. All the while mason (my son's name)is freaking out because he is "dirty" from allof the blood. He HATES getting dirty lol. Well his nose stops bleeding. I call my uncle, whom is a paramedic, and he said mason would let me know if it was broken because he would be screaming. By this time my son was acting normal. So i knew he was okay but i wanted to call him just incase. I also called him to see what i could do to get the blood out of my white carpets. (I hate whtie carpets now). 

Okay so what happened (according to mark) mason was throwing a fit on the ground. He was near the corner of our bed. Well when he rolled over he tried to throw his head and wound up hitting the corner of our bed with his nose.

What are something things or situations that gave you a heart attack??

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
-42-
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM

When my then three year old decided to do a side flip off of the bed and land on his brother. He missed and scored a nice, orange cast on his fractured wrist!

JakesMom712
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM
The first time i spent the night at my df after ds was born, he was about 3mo. i took a nap on the couch. When i woke up ds and df were both gone. I called df phone and he left it home, so i figured he just ran to wawa. 15 min later they still weren't back. Im getting ready to leave when i notice his truck still in the drive. He took the baby outside and was showing him off to the neighbors. You could even see him from the kitchen window
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Well we bought one of those resturaunt wooden high chairs for our son because I HATE cleaning the other ones, I think their disgusting. So anyway, they have a buckle, but he is 18 months old and has learned how to get out of the buckle ! Couple weeks ago he was having dinner, and made quite the mess so I went to to start a bubble bath for him. Literally gone all of 5 seconds, and not to mention I lived in a small apartment where the bathroom was practically spitting distance. Anyway, I turn around to go back to the table and he's standing right behind me !!! I nearly died ! Our table is very high, and not to mention the floor is all tiled obviously, so hard. I'm like how did he get out of his chair, climb into the table, down the chair into the ground in 5 seconds ?!?!? He kills me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:53 PM
When I'm getting my 2 year old out of the bath and she reviewed that instead of holding my hand and getting out the right way she is going to step on the side of the tub and try to jump with slippery feet! Yea not fun! Or when she takes of running though our room and goes out the door and totally smacks her face into my garden fairy figurine and has a bruise right under her eye. Or every day when she runs out of my bathroom and almost wacks her eye on the corner of my vanity but misses it by less then a quarter inch every time!

Needless to say my dd is accident prone and probably will be the one who has the most broken bones out of my kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:59 PM
My ds ran full speed into a door frame. He kept saying he couldn't walk. The doctor sent us to get exrays bc they thought he dislocated his hip.

He ended up bruising his hip really bad and was having spasms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haymanisourson
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Today I freaked out because I put my baby down on the bed while I dealt with my 3 yos tantrum. I checked on the baby every minute or so, he can't really roll yet so he's usually stays put. Well my uncle came and got him while I wasn't looking and you can imagine the panic that went through me when I looked and he wasn't there. I was shaking for like 10 minutes after that.

Btw...my 3 yo has caused himself several bloody noses from tantrums. If he is anything like my son, you've got your work cut out for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)