Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a kidney stone and a kidney infection! UGH!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

So Friday I was at my DH's work helping him out when suddenly I got a horrible back ache, except I could tell it was internal. It got so bad I could barely walk. At one point I was down on my hands and knees puking by a tree because the pain was so intense. Then I went to the bathroom, or tried anyway, and it hurt so bad I started vomitting again. DH drove me to the emergency room, which is conveniently located across the street from his job. When I checked in I told them I know I have a kidney stone and possible kidney infection. The woman asked me how I knew what I had. I told her I was in the medical field for 5 years, but she didnt seem to believe me. They gave me pain meds and anti-nausea meds which kicked in in 15 minutes, THANK GOD! I had a cat scan and a urinanalysis done, and guess what? It was a 4 cm kidney stone, which is relatively small but still hurt like a b*tch, and a severe kidney infection. They sent me home with 4 prescriptions, 3 of which make me drowsy so I slept all day yesterday woke up about 7 pm and ate something and then crashed back out til 3 pm today. Anyways, the pain is managable today, even though I havent passed the stone yet. And hey there is no more blood in my urine. YAY!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ermka
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Ouch, kidney stones suck! I only get them when I'm prego, it took them so long to diagnose it the first time around, I was in the hospital for 2 weeks, don't remember the first week & had to have a stint put in. Feel better! Hope it passes for you soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amccamp
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Quoting ermka:

Ouch, kidney stones suck! I only get them when I'm prego, it took them so long to diagnose it the first time around, I was in the hospital for 2 weeks, don't remember the first week & had to have a stint put in. Feel better! Hope it passes for you soon!

Really? I had some stones when I was 37 weekspregs. First child, so I thought I was having back labor.... FML being 37 weeks and having that pain was horrid!
Tara922c
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I had a kidney stone a few years ago. I thought I was DYING it hurt so bad. I had to have my mother watch my dd and drive me to the hospital in the middle of the night. The triage nurse took one look at me and brought me back. By far the worst pain I have EVER been in, in my life, including labor.

I hope you feel better soon! Kidney Stones suck!

OhhShyyttJenna
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Ugh damn. A friend of mine gets them so much he just passed I believe his 14th and tht all within a few yrs :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM
It was right around 20 wks the first time.. pain worse than any labor pain I could imagine, then the second time as soon as I started having a backache they knew exactly where it was going & treated it right away, I was only in for a week that time. With my 3rd they put me on meds at my first ob appointment, I still ended up being in for 3 days that time, but it wasn't nearly as horrible. I've never even had a kidney infection when I wasn't pregnant. My kidneys just don't like.sharing their space, lol.

Quoting amccamp:

Quoting ermka:

Really? I had some stones when I was 37 weekspregs. First child, so I thought I was having back labor.... FML being 37 weeks and having that pain was horrid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I hope it passes soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Wow! Glad you are feeling better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoxyJI
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Been there! I get them maybe twice a year. Hope you get back to normal soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)