Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

considering...

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

Im considering going to a different hospital than the one my dr is at and my medical is through merely because I am tired of Kaiser. I have Medi-cal and I know I can use it practically everywhere along with Tri-care from my husband is retired from the Army so I am considering going to another hospital and delivering there because my Dr is dumber than dirt and so irresponsible.

I am 39 wks pregnant on Wednesday and I am having all sorts of complications with Kaiser.

Lets start with the fact that I was told March 21st was my due date at my 20wk ultrasound however because my periods have always been irregular the date they have in the comp is April 18th which says I am currently entering my 25th wk of pregnancy. My dr has confirmed many times that March 21st is accurate with my measurements and ultrasounds but it never gets changed so when I go to L&D I practically have to tell them they are idiots and not to stop labor because I should be going into labor! Its not considered preterm!

I am so upset by all of this...has anyone ever done this. Have you ever changed hospitals or anything last min and would they try to send me to Kaiser if I showed up in labor? Any thoughts?

NO BASHING!!!

by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DiedrelovesTim
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 12:37 AM

BUMP!

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:04 AM
You need to be comfortable so do what makes you comfortable. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
by Katie on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:51 AM
I love Kaiser, except for our local office. They're idiots. Do you live near a different kaiser hospital?
smurfbitebug
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 1:56 AM
If you don't feel comfortable with your doctor and don't trust that what you want and need will happen correctly, switch doctors now. The sooner, the better.

Trust me. If it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. I was the most laid back, trusting pregger lady with my doctor and the birth went really badly, the care afterwards (or lack of) left lasting issues that still are being dealt with (two years later) and there were so many signs I should have found a different, better doctor.

Go with your gut, please.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 2:36 AM

When I was preggers, I gave my doctor an ultimatum. He either treated me and my unborn DD the same as he would treat a family member that came to him or I would find another doctor.

He didn't like me because of several reasons:

1. I'm not a Christian. He used to be a preacher.

2. I'm a single mama. He's a firm believer in only married women should have kids.

3. I was 19...and had JUST turned 19 a few months prior to getting preggers.

Because he didn't like me I got shoddy treatments and thats when I gave him the ultimatum. It worked, too. He began treating me better.

Go with your gut honey, and do what you feel is right for you and your unborn LO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)