Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Since time outs don't work, I have enforced the rule that the boys have to sit and hold hands if they are bad.. Lol.. My oldest, on the right, kept saying, "but we are boys"... Apparently boys don't hold hands..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Replies (41-46):
MedicMommy2
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:25 PM

My parents used to make my brothers and I lean back to back against eachother so we had to work together. I would gladly take holding hands over that any day.

ReiReally
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM

next tell him that part of his punishment is that you post a picture of him holding hands with his brother on the internet for other moms with kids their age to snicker at.

mwahahaha!

fahmom
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Lol. My mom made us sit at a table together until we agreed to get along and apologized to one another. Neither could get up until the other agreed it was ok. I was always spiteful and was the last to agree to disagree. We would sit there forever and my sister or brothers would loathe me for not just giving in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dobrd
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

steffielou_who, This is funny to me because my DD does the same for they're twin boys.. She makes them sweat it out for 5mins. then asks them if they want to hold hands for 1/2 hr. or give each other a hug, shake hands, be done w/it.. They feel boys don't hold hands either, lol.. This works for her so, time outs are pretty much history.. They are 6 yrs. old, will be 7 yrs. in June.. Take Care, Donna....

prego_jessi
by Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM
My mom use to make my sisters and I do this if we fought( which was a lot) lol
jlocsgirl
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM

That is AWESOME!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)