Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Is this really what socializing has come to?! * edit *

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:32 AM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this
A few days ago on my way to work, I noticed ALOT of radio ads for social meeting sites and dating sites. I didn't think anything odd, just figured * okay easy money for those people. *

Well!!!!! The last few days I've realized those same ads are EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! TV, radio, magazines, even on fliers that people pass out with info about some new cause! Is that really what socializing has come to?!

Are we as a whole too lazy to go out and actually meet new people? Or are we just that afraid of the rejection that may happen? Are we really that dependent on the internet to do everything for us, even help make us new friends, or find the love of our life?

Maybe its just me, idk.

Have you noticed a lot of ads for social meeting and dating sites too? Do you think its a bit extreme at how many there are? Do you think we as a society are just that lazy, or just afraid of rejection?

I am not bashing ANYONE or anything about these sites. I'm just over whelmed at all the sites that seem to everywhere. I have met some amazing moms on here that I never would have met any other way.
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maria_Peanut
by Aubrey'sMama on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Lol i noticed. Its kinda sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 4:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know, I think it's harder to meet quality people today. Not like your odds of meeting a good partner at a bar are good. Plus, online dating matches you with people you might not give a second glance in the coffee ship or on the street.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilStacy
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I dated few ppl in my town n jus never met any guys I really clicked wit n I was on a social site n met a guy, we talked for 3 days n now we r happily married wit a 15m old....been together for lil over 4 yrs.....I think u should try to meet ppl n real life but if that isn't working out well then I see nuttin wrong wit SAFE online dating!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystlzd3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm....posting about social media and being to lazy to meet people IRL, on a social media site....lool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
later.tater
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Nope, I haven't seen any adds other then the handfull of e-harmony and cupid.com.

The most reason one I've seen is "it's just lunch" and it's actually a phone thing not an internet thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Who cares, if people want to meet someone online or over the phone. Its their business. If others don't like it, they can go to the bar/beach/park and pick up someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Echo1605
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM

It's what this world has become. my bf and I went to a bon fire/ cook out at a friends, people were starting their cars to charge their phones, because they needed to check their facebook. Apparently you still need a social media site when you are being social in the here and now. It's a sad but true fact of life now. The only thing that bothers me is when you are watching a tv show and they have their stupid twitter thing in the top corner. I created a twitter account a few years ago, looked at the site, thought it was completely useless and meaningless and never logged in again.

TexasWife
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

People are to busy texting? I noticed it is hard to strike up a convo with a stranger because they either think you are weird for talking to them or they are to busy texting. There was a old video about this. My husband wishes I would get busy texting because I talk to everyone though.

ommilay
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Quoting TexasWife:

People are to busy texting? I noticed it is hard to strike up a convo with a stranger because they either think you are weird for talking to them or they are to busy texting. There was a old video about this. My husband wishes I would get busy texting because I talk to everyone though.

Ha ha, Texas Wife- I am wife to a Texan and this sounds JUST LIKE people in Texas (one reason I love it there) Friendly, chatty, and not all about Facebook updates. :)

lj.smommy
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I'm going have to agree. I've only lived in Texas a little over a month and people down here are so much nicer than they are in Ohio, my homestate.

Quoting ommilay:

Quoting TexasWife:

Ha ha, Texas Wife- I am wife to a Texan and this sounds JUST LIKE people in Texas (one reason I love it there) Friendly, chatty, and not all about Facebook updates. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN