Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

medical card and marriage?

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:14 PM
  • 18 Replies
First off I don't wanna hear (read) any bashing. doctor bills are expensive most people can't afford them. On to my question..... With my first marriage as son as we got married I was taken off medical card and out ohm my ex husbands insurance. After me and him separated they put me back on it, I didn't even all they just did it. I just had me seconds baby 5 months ago and currently df has no insurance, me and both my boys have medical card. I know once we get married the boys will stay on it but wandering if I will stay on it since df has no insurance? We really can't afford me to not have insurance. Between my meds and I have a appointment commin up to make sure cancer is still gone, if came back then another procedure for that. Plus I'm very accident prone. Who anyone know if they would keep me on it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
novachick
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I think it depends on your dh's income. If he makes under a certain amount then you can stay on medical through the state but if he makes too much they won't let you. The kids will be able to stay on regardless I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I got on, after I was married and he has insurance. I am pregnant though and a his insurance would go up more than $300 what it is now JUST for me and b. They won't let me on pregnant because its a preexisting condition. The state also put the kids back on without my applying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayvensmommy07
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Know the kids will cuz with my ex he made almost $19 an hour and they kept my first son on it. Df makes 12'50, supporting four people

Quoting novachick:

I think it depends on your dh's income. If he makes under a certain amount then you can stay on medical through the state but if he makes too much they won't let you. The kids will be able to stay on regardless I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I don't know what your states income requirement is for it, you may be able to call or look it up on their website.

Quoting hayvensmommy07:

Know the kids will cuz with my ex he made almost $19 an hour and they kept my first son on it. Df makes 12'50, supporting four people

Quoting novachick:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayvensmommy07
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I'm pretty sure pregnant women and kids they automatically approve. Df when he is offered insurance it will be 200 dollars a WEEK for just him and our son. My oldest son is on his fathers insurance as well as medical card

Quoting mommyjenn84:

I got on, after I was married and he has insurance. I am pregnant though and a his insurance would go up more than $300 what it is now JUST for me and b. They won't let me on pregnant because its a preexisting condition. The state also put the kids back on without my applying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Depends on what your state says is to much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Thats why I said ”I am pregnant though..” Dhs insurance is really expensive too, but hes supporting 5, soon to be 6 people.

Quoting hayvensmommy07:

I'm pretty sure pregnant women and kids they automatically approve. Df when he is offered insurance it will be 200 dollars a WEEK for just him and our son. My oldest son is on his fathers insurance as well as medical card

Quoting mommyjenn84:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM
You're living with him right? It will probably stay the same. I was on state medical, got married and could still stay on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl2810
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM
I know in CA, I was on it during preg and after. When DH and I moved in together, they counted his income (but we were both working) and I got kicked off. But DD was kept on. Now, even though DH and I are married, I get it for rpeg, and baby will, he doesn't qualify because he has tricare from the military. But they will count his income, for me after the baby is born.

You should be able to punch in to google (your state) medicaid eligibility calculator(or requirements) and it should give you a chart or something, find your income and family siz3 and compare...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayvensmommy07
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM
I tried doing that last night but only link requirements came up.

Quoting cowboysgirl2810:

I know in CA, I was on it during preg and after. When DH and I moved in together, they counted his income (but we were both working) and I got kicked off. But DD was kept on. Now, even though DH and I are married, I get it for rpeg, and baby will, he doesn't qualify because he has tricare from the military. But they will count his income, for me after the baby is born.

You should be able to punch in to google (your state) medicaid eligibility calculator(or requirements) and it should give you a chart or something, find your income and family siz3 and compare...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)