Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rant/vent!!!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ok so we are currently living with my mother in law and brother in laws (13 & 15) for the time being, just until we can save for our own place.
It's just me, DF, and our 7 month old DS. So it's not like we take up a whole lot of room.
Anyway, my brother in laws are the most sloppy most biggest slobs I know!! They leave their dishes in the sink constantly and leave whatever other messes they make behind.
MIL works 12 hrs a day everyday other then sun and mon.
Well everytime she comes home and if there's a mess laying around, DF & I are the ones who get blamed. Mainly me though, cause DF works full time and I'm home with my son.
She never gets upset at her two younger sons because she swears they are the cleanest kids ever!!!
When she's home, they vacum and help her out but when she's not home, they leave their mess for ME to clean because they know I'll clean it up. ONLY reason why I clean up after them is because I don't want their mom to have to come home to a sink full of dishes after a 12 hr shift. It's so hard for me to clean up after myself let alone them!
I've never been messy but after I had DS its kind of difficult to get house work done but I still do it. It sucks that I have to clean up after my BIL's as well! There are times where I skip a meal or two because I'm just sooo busy with my DS.. I don't have the time to make myself anything. So at the end of the day I really don't want to have to wash my BIL's dishes or clean up after them PERIOD. They're big boys.
Ive tried to tell them over and over again to clean up after themselves but they do NOT listen!!!
I talked to DF about it and he's talked to them but they don't listen to him either. I tried to talking to my MIL but her boys lie to her and try to act all innocent and who does she believe,? Them! Of course. She thinks her sons are the best boys around!!

Which I dont blame her.. But she needs to stop believing everything they say. It's kind of sad how oblivious she is.
Anyway! I can't wait to move out. DF is working hard and I'm looking for a job to help save but haven't gotten any call backs. Crossing my fingers!
The sooner we get out of here, the better.
& you better believe I will teach my son how to clean up after himself and we will enforce that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GCSOmom
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I'd take their dirty dishes and put them in their beds.  That shit wouldn't fly with me.  If at all possible maybe video them dirtying up said dishes and putting them in the sink and show mil?

Preciaann
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Also.... I clean her house on a daily basis! If the trash needs to be taken out, If the floors need to be swept or vacummed, if the counter needs to be wiped down, things needs to be dusted. Im not complaining because these are the things I would be doing if we had our own place but it sucks because my MIL gives me absolutely no credit and she never acknowledges anything I do for her.
She believes her boys over me and so I guess she thinks I lay around the house and do nothing all say which is the total opposite of what I do!

I'm exhausted at the end of the day. I wish she Would take into account the things I do for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Preciaann
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I've thought of that but MIL would probably get upset that I would go to that extent. She hates it when her boys are being targeted.
One of her sons got suspended last month for being defiant. Teacher asked him to put ipod away and he wouldn't listen. So she told him to give the ipod to her until class was over and he refused. Sent him to principals office and he yelled at principal. Boy came home explained HIS side of the story and then MIL got upset at the school!!!
Ended up buying him things during his suspension! How ridiculous.
This is why I am scared to go to that extent. Is it really worth the drama? :/

Quoting GCSOmom:

I'd take their dirty dishes and put them in their beds.  That shit wouldn't fly with me.  If at all possible maybe video them dirtying up said dishes and putting them in the sink and show mil?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Leave for the day, get home after mil, then when she blames you tell her you have not been home how could you do it, or video tape them, idk, you are living with her and teens are pigs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Then stop for a bit, when she asks/yells at you wanting to know why, tell her you get yelled at no matter what, so you didn't do it, if you're going to get talked to about it make it worth it.

Quoting Preciaann:

Also.... I clean her house on a daily basis! If the trash needs to be taken out, If the floors need to be swept or vacummed, if the counter needs to be wiped down, things needs to be dusted. Im not complaining because these are the things I would be doing if we had our own place but it sucks because my MIL gives me absolutely no credit and she never acknowledges anything I do for her.

She believes her boys over me and so I guess she thinks I lay around the house and do nothing all say which is the total opposite of what I do!

I'm exhausted at the end of the day. I wish she Would take into account the things I do for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)