Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My terrible gas station encounter

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:48 AM
  • 107 Replies
3 moms liked this

Sorry it's long, but please read all of it to understand the story. So I was at the gas station yesterday and all 3 kids were in the car with me (ages 7, 5, and 4 months.) I had to be quick and leave because we were going to dinner at my husband's colleague's house and we didn't want to be late. (Also, we still had to go pick up my dh from the Metro.) So I am pulling into the gas station and see an empty spot (mind you, our car takes Diesel so it takes forever for a spot to empty up) so I start driving towards it and some person comes in from the other entrance and takes the spot. So I am slightly angry, but I was like, oh well, he got there first. Then I see another spot open so I drive towards it and I am pulling into the spot when some lady zooms into my spot!!! That time, I was definitely first! So then I tell her "hey! that was my spot" and she says "oh, too bad." So I drive back around the gas station to park behind her to wait for her spot. Then, my 7 year old dd gets out of the car to get her e-reader from the back and the lady starts shooting my 7 year old dirty looks!! My 7 year old sticks her tongue out and the lady makes a face. So then, I tell her "lay off my daughter!" and I tell my daughter to get back in the car. Then, the lady is finally done and she tells me to back my car up so she can back up. I tell her "no, I am not backing up, tell the lady in front of you to back up." Then she turns around in her car (it's a convertible" and yells "BACK THE FREAKIN' CAR UP!" and so finally I do. She drives off and my 7 year old dd and I (I told her to do this) both smile sweetly at her and tell her "HAVE A NICE DAY!!" But really, some people are so rude and inconsiderate that it drives me NUTS...

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cutestmom24
by Chantell on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I woukd have cursed that lady out.but cuddos for staying calm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissie3
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Quoting cutestmom24:

I woukd have cursed that lady out.but cuddos for staying calm.

Livinwith3boys
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

So you yell at the lady to lay off your daughter, but haven't taught your daughter not to be rude to strangers??? There is classy parenting for you!! Seriously, how about teaching your daughter some respect and manners!!!

haymanisourson
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Nice job staying calm I probably would've laid on the horn when she cut me off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Oy that wouldnt have ended well with me.....i wouldnt have backed up...but im an asshole like that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:57 AM
4 moms liked this
Don't want dirty looks? Don't give them. I don't blame her daughter I don't tolerate anyones shit and just because she's seven doesn't mean she has to either.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

So you yell at the lady to lay off your daughter, but haven't taught your daughter not to be rude to strangers??? There is classy parenting for you!! Seriously, how about teaching your daughter some respect and manners!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissie3
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Don't want dirty looks? Don't give them. I don't blame her daughter I don't tolerate anyones shit and just because she's seven doesn't mean she has to either.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

thank you for understanding :)

chrissie3
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Quoting haymanisourson:

Nice job staying calm I probably would've laid on the horn when she cut me off.

lol thx!

haymanisourson
I think she was being a pretty good example to her kids considering the situation. Kids will be kids. Sticking out her tongue was not that bad.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissie3

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Oy that wouldnt have ended well with me.....i wouldnt have backed up...but im an asshole like that...

no you're not!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)