Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Epidemic!!!!!!! Epi-freakin-demic!!!!!!! * edit *

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 74 Replies
All the 20 something mommas in my town are getting fixed! Its becoming an epidemic! Most of my friends are 20 something moms and 90% of them are already fixed! I understand if you have 3 or 4 kids and are married, and are sure your marriage will last many more years, but most of them are single moms with only 1 or 2 kids!

One of them who just recently got fixed, told me that it wasn't that big a deal, that she just didn't want to get pregnant by some random guy she had a fling with. I asked her what if she met The One, and he wanted to have kids. She said oh well, that she would get un-fixed!!!! ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!

I just can't believe its becoming this rampant among the 20 somethings in my town!!!!

I want to know you guys opinions on this.

* Edit *

90% of the girls getting fixed WANT more kids down the road. They are single and don't want to get pregnant by some random fling. They are doing this as a BIRTH CONTROL method. That is what I'm saying the epidemic is about.
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlingsAndThings
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
If they don't want anymore kids, then it sounds like they made a smart choice.

I fail to see what the big deal is. Not everyone want a lot of kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM
The thing is, most of them DO want more kids. In my eyes, they are using it as a form of birth control. Its just my opinion.
ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Its their choice.. I'm pretty sure I'm done at one. But I haven't had any permanent fix. Nor wld a Dr allow it... its a smart decision and only the woman truly knows what she wants
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaLeahMB
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Why not just get an IUD?? At my age (24) I would never make such a permanent decision ESPECIALLY if I were single. Getting a tubal reversed most definitely isn't easy and I don't even think its possible if you had them burned. I definitely do not agree with that at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsexymom
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Are they incapable of using birth control? Most doctors won't tie a womans tubes if she is single and young. I think its crazy.

I had mine tied 2 years ago June, but that was after 3 kids and dh had 2 when we met.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I just had mine done. I'm 28. I wish some people would get theirs done. I only have one kid and no desire for more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh

Most doctors are very leary of performing a tubal on a woman that young, ESPECIALLY if she has only one child.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM
This. Some people KNOW early on that they only want that one child. Different strokes for different folks.

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

If they don't want anymore kids, then it sounds like they made a smart choice.

I fail to see what the big deal is. Not everyone want a lot of kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
2 moms liked this

If they really think it is easy to reverse. From what I understood it isn't. Anyways, it is their choice.

LadyFreeRider
I think its reasonable. And at least they have the intelligence to realize that if they have the $ for a reversal then they have the $ to raise another child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN