Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Epidemic!!!!!!! Epi-freakin-demic!!!!!!! * edit *

Posted by   + Show Post
All the 20 something mommas in my town are getting fixed! Its becoming an epidemic! Most of my friends are 20 something moms and 90% of them are already fixed! I understand if you have 3 or 4 kids and are married, and are sure your marriage will last many more years, but most of them are single moms with only 1 or 2 kids!

One of them who just recently got fixed, told me that it wasn't that big a deal, that she just didn't want to get pregnant by some random guy she had a fling with. I asked her what if she met The One, and he wanted to have kids. She said oh well, that she would get un-fixed!!!! ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE!!!!!!!

I just can't believe its becoming this rampant among the 20 somethings in my town!!!!

I want to know you guys opinions on this.

* Edit *

90% of the girls getting fixed WANT more kids down the road. They are single and don't want to get pregnant by some random fling. They are doing this as a BIRTH CONTROL method. That is what I'm saying the epidemic is about.
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Replies (71-74):
flowermama2011
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I just had mine done, but i'm almost 28 and just had my 3rd baby,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hn2baes
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM
That's crazy. Sounds like they're uneducated on the forms of birth control that may work better for their situations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_McK
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Getting a tubal reversal is a major abdominal surgery. I have assisted in the procedure at work.

I just had my first baby,(I'm 25) and I am pretty sure I don't want anymore babies, but I am going to get the mirena. I have heard great things about it. But who knows what the future will hold. I don't want to have my tubal and then have to have surgery again if I want another baby. A friend of mine for her iud out and was pregnant 4 months later. Pretty quick!!
annbellysmom
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM

i am 25 i have had 3 kids but 1 passed away in 2010. i wouldnt get fixed unless i was absolutly sure i was done having kids. right now i do not want more but what if that changes in 5 years?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN