Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

i swear people have no courtesy now a days *update

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

i sent out invites for DS's birthday party and most of the people i invited just didn't respond at all and the ones that did RSVP didn't bother showing up. first off, i understand if you can't make it but it would be nice to at least tell me instead of not saying anything. second, it's just plain rude to not show up after you've already told me you would attend. it's one thing if you had an emergency or something important came up but you could've called to let me know you're ok. also i went to a baby shower a few months ago and i was one of the two guests that showed up. everyone else just blew her off! seriously, what is with people now a days!? whatever happened to people politely declining? ok i'm done now srry just had to vent lol.

it's been 2 days and no one has called/texted to apologize. i even posted pics on fb thinking the people that RSVP'd would see them and feel bad but no. so i deleted them :) i go to work at 4 today let's see if any of my "friends" say anything when i see them in person. i doubt it...

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kara.haughton
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow were these family members that didn't show up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhoenixsMommy10
by Jojo on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM
That's crazy.

The night before my son's birthday party, I had 3 different phone calls saying that they couldn't be there (that didn't bother me, since they were responsible enough to tell me), but none of my husband's friends with kids even bothered to show up at all! That annoyed me, bc we always show up to their kids parties, or at least send a gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saral2790
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM

no i shouldn't have said no one showed up there was a few people that did come that were family members 

Quoting kara.haughton:

Wow were these family members that didn't show up?

saral2790
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM

that really annoys me when i show up to everyone else's parties and they just blow mine off

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

That's crazy.

The night before my son's birthday party, I had 3 different phone calls saying that they couldn't be there (that didn't bother me, since they were responsible enough to tell me), but none of my husband's friends with kids even bothered to show up at all! That annoyed me, bc we always show up to their kids parties, or at least send a gift.

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM

this is why i only invite family to things. and at that dhs family lives far away so i dont have to risk the no show because it has to be carefully planned.

stuff like this drives me crazy tho. 

first.time.momy
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM
That is really rude when people do that. I'm sorry it happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM

blame the parents for lack of courtesy.

H.E.Smama
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM
:-( Im sorry mama that really sucks! i hate when people do that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SonicSpeeder
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I agree! People are so selfish. If it doesn't affect them, they don't really care!

sreichelt26
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM

bugs me too. happens with everything :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)