Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously.... Did you just say that to me??

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
I'm sure I'm way overreacting but I'm 7 months prego, so I will use that as my excuse.

I haven't been wearing my wedding ring because my fingers are way too swollen which had never happened in any of my pregnancies but this time it did. Anyway, I usually have another opal ring that I wear on my wedding finger just because I can't stand to have that finger naked.
Well I've been leaving it off a lot lately and I've noticed a lot of "looks" when I'm out with my two young girls and my big ol belly but who cares, I know I'm married and it's no ones business if I'm not anyway.

Well today a lady finally said something to me. "oh you poor girl, how are you going to handle all of your kids by yourself"
F off lady was all I could think. I just said "don't judge woman"

Now thinking back, she didn't say anything "mean" but the tone was under her words. And it irritate me that she would even have the need to say something like that to a complete stranger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zpugs
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:38 PM
I get looks all the time but no one has said anything to me. I like how you responded to her though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy2
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I get that all the time because I wear my rings on my necklace and it is usually tucked into my shirt. I kind of get shitty and respond with "not that its YOUR issue but I am married, I was unaware of the law that states I HAVE to wear my rings to satisfy nosey people like you."

MommyRJ
by Randee on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I had the same issue right before I had my 2nd at the store some lady said "do they have the same dad?"

Really?!

You'd think they would remember the symptoms of pregnancy but whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM
I stopped wearing my rings but I dont get looks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karla85
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Nobody had ever mentioned the fact that I don't wear a ring (I don't have one). It's probably the hormones like you said lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MWV85
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:00 PM
3 moms liked this

HA! i had something similar happen to me.

old lady: oh, you're pregnant!

me: yes ma'am, i am.

old lady: *looks at my left ring finger* oh....are you married?!

me: *being the sarcastic fuck that i am*  no. and i have no idea who the father is.....btw, do you know where i can find the condom aisle?

old lady: *damn near died*

tazmidgiefairy
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I usually don't wear my rings unless I know I going to a place were I going to get hit on but because of my jobs I have and had I hate wearing my rings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squishylove
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Wow!! Quads with no fertility, I don't think I've ever heard of that, that's amazing!! How old are they now?

I keep wanting to say how lucky you are to have that many naturally, but I bet you don't feel lucky having to keep up with them all.

Quoting quadmomA:

Once I was in the mall walking into Carter's baby items with my son Bentley and I was picking up some clothes for my quads that were on the way. A lady asked me if it was a boy or girl. ( she looked preggo to and just curious, pretty normal.) And i said 2 girls and 2 boys. She asked if i used infertility t get so many at once and I said no, ( im one of the 6 people in my state to concieve more than 3 without the drug) she said my son was adorable and asked me if both babydaddys were around. I looked at her like really? I said " they are the same father" she rolled her eyes. Thats when i got pissed and started to walk away. I left my ring at home because i also had swollen fingers and then she said " well i think youre single because theres no ring on your finger. So how possibly yu could have 5 kids with the same man if this man dosent exist?" Thats the moment when I turned around and said " number one. Mind your own buisness and number two...... i punched her in the face. I then calmed and got my clotes while she cussed in front of Bentley which led to him saying the words at home. The quads are home and i still laugh at the story. LOL :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:37 PM
It bugged me too. There's this woman who shops at my work. She owns a restaurant and has always been super nice until I got pregnant that is. Once she found out I was knocked up and NOT married but living in sin with my bf now df she started the judgement parade. Apparently she's uber Christian and doesn't even let her kids do Halloween....

If it has been me with that woman I would have taken it the same way. Who's to say you'd be doing it alone?you could have a supportive boyfriend, mother, father, grandparents, friends etc. And what business is it of hers?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I have a tattoo ring on my finger - which I figured would ward off all the looks my other friends mentioned getting when they were pregnant...

Nope!

First, they need to mind their own business.

Second, most everyone I know can't wear their ring while pregnant because of the swelling, so you would think that people would keep that in mind before judging.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)