Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice on crazy MIL

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM
  • 25 Replies
Ok so a little bit of background on my mother in law. I have only known my MIL for about 2 years. When my husband was younger she was abusive so he had no contact with her. When I became pregnent with our son we tried giving her another chance. She was good for a while, then when my husband was on a deployment we paid for my MIL to come to my sons first birthday. Well she went crazy and tried kidnapping my son. Then she acts like nothing happened and never even said she did something wrong. Now almost a year later we are moving back to his hometown.

Ok now the current problem, we have a rule in our house that our son only gets two toys a month. That way he won't get soiled and have an attitude. I told my MIL and she out right said she does not have to follow my house rules. Its not that I'm not grateful for her getting him things. What upsets me is she has no respect for me or what I say.

Sorry its so long. The question is am I overreacting about everything. I dont trust her because of what she did last year.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaiVal
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:37 AM

I wouldn't trust her either. She obviously has no respect for other people and doesn't care what they have to say. She seems like a pretty... not good person.

amnesialand69
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:45 AM
If she gets him s lot of stuff put it away to give to him later. I wouldnt trust her either. Hugs and gl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksMom1221
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Hit her in the face with one of the toys she buys!!!!..... ..Oh, wait, I'm not anon...lol

Um, maybe only let her see him twice a month? I wish I had hood advice for u but for a MIL who wants to toe the line and push boundaries, its hard to know how to get your point across other than to limit her time with your ds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Wtf. I would not talk to that crazy bitch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:14 AM
2 moms liked this
"Yes you do! Or the next rule will be, no more grandma!" Problem solved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleGlitter84
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Why are you even speaking to her after she tryed to kidnap your son?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MountieMama
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:27 AM
That's so hard. It's one thing if people who don't live close give gifts when they see the child but not people that the child is going to see all the time. If she doesn't respect your wishes then you'll have to set even more boundaries. My SIL has rules for Christmas that family can only give one gift per child and if they feel they need to give more than they can put money in the child's savings. Perhaps this could work for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:32 AM
If she doesn't follow the rules she doesn't see the child. Easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RantingSyko
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PurpleGlitter84:

Why are you even speaking to her after she tryed to kidnap your son?

this right here!!!!!  Why does she even get to SEE your kids?!  You couldn't pay me to let that kidnapping crazy lady near my children.  As for the rules?  Go ahead, don't follow the rules of my house, IN my house...see what happens to ya!  You aren't over reacting to a thing, underreacting if anything!!!  I'd tell that bitch to stay away from my house and if she doesn't wanna follow THAT rule, call the damn cops>.<

xomrs.chase
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Fool you once, shame on her. Fool you twice- shame on you.

If someone tried to kidnap my son- they would never again be around my son. Period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)