Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gaahhhh this is going to make me pull all my hair out!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 14 Replies

So, hubbys email account was hacked and right now his account is locked and in order for it to be unlocked the only option they are giving me is to have a code sent to my old email address that is no longer is use.

I try to reopen that email and I can't remember the mother effing answer to the security question I picked. How stupid?! So I am sitting here trying to contact customer service and it's near impossible

Why Does this have to be so difficult?!

Vent over

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugarmama82
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:31 PM

ugh...shitty....what company??

kenziesmom809
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Hotstupidmail

lol no, it's hotmail

Quoting sugarmama82:

ugh...shitty....what company??

sugarmama82
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM

ewww. I have them. See if there's a live chat option. I'll check too

kenziesmom809
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Thank you

Quoting sugarmama82:

ewww. I have them. See if there's a live chat option. I'll check too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarmama82
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM

What should I do if my account has been hacked?

If your account has been compromised—or hacked—it means that someone stole your password and might be using your account to access your personal information or send spam. To recover your account and prevent it from being hacked again, follow these steps.

Install an antivirus program on your computer

Most hackers get your password through malware (malicious software) that's been installed on your computer without your knowledge (for example, when you download a new screen saver or toolbar). It’s important to clear your computer of viruses or malware before you change your password. That way, the hackers won’t get your new password.

After you install an antivirus program, set up the program to get updates and scan your computer on a regular basis. If you're running Windows, you can download and install Microsoft Security Essentials for free.

Change your password

After you install an antivirus program, try to sign in to your account.

Prevent your account from being hacked in the future

You can take the following actions to keep your account safe and make it easier to recover if it’s ever compromised again.

Show all

Change your security question

1. In the upper-right of the Hotmail window, click Options, and then click More options.

2. Click Managing your account, and then click Account details. You might be asked for your password.

3. Under Account security, next to Security Info, click Manage.

4. Under Security question, click Change.

5. Enter a new question and answer, and then click Save.

Reset your account settings

Since someone else had access to your account, we've cleared your account settings and removed any send-as addresses, email forwarding, auto-replies, and linked accounts. You'll need to take the following steps to reset these options.

Show all

Restore deleted email messages

As soon as we detected that you might be hacked, we started saving your deleted messages in a safe place. In the left pane of your Hotmail window, click the Deleted folder, scroll to the bottom of the window, and then click recover deleted messages.

Hotmail will recover as many messages as possible and put them in your Deleted folder. If you don't see the deleted messages that you wanted, it means they're permanently lost.

Note

Note

This feature doesn’t work for children's accounts. This way, parents can be confident that when they delete messages from their children’s accounts, they stay deleted.

sugarmama82
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM

still looking.....

kenziesmom809
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Thank youuu
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarmama82
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM

https://support.msn.com/default.aspx?st=1&iid=74&iguid=837640a6-39ac-4b4f-a99c-11a25f944c7b_1_3&c=oss_msn&ln=en-us&productKey=msnclientia&fc=si

maybe?

or this:

sugarmama82
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM

yw! Hope it helps dear....

sugarmama82
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM

nev mind on that second one...its all the same crap! Gahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! is right!

That first one gets somewhere tho...highlight it and click open link.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)