Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Ugh, so we were in a fender bender... *UPDATE 5/2*

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:43 PM
  • 19 Replies
*update* they found the lady at fault *neener neener* and are promptly mailing us a check for $1,000.00

Justice is served!

Not too long ago, and the lady is trying to fight it saying it's our fault. This is what happened. We turned right into the parking lot and slowed down to turn right to go park. This lady came barreling in behind us and I guess couldn't wait. So she proceeded pass us on the right, while we were turning (there are no medians or deviders, just painted lines and parking space and driving paths with arrows) She hits our car and keeps going. She proceeds to turn left to go to K-mart. We follow her because damnit she hit us... She gets out of the car (which she parked at the entrance) and goes into the store... WTF! We wait outside and call the cops. She comes outside and doesn't once ask if we are okay or anything, just hands Chris a paper and said here's my information... I had to go get my precription. the cop did nothing (I'm told this is because its private property. But damnit she left the scene). He just verified that we got her info and left. I had neck pain for 2 weeks because of this bitch! What do you guys think will happen?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMKristy
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I have no clue, but it definitely doesn't sound like its your fault!! Did the police officer even take a report about what happened?

later.tater
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Fuck no

Quoting JMKristy:

I have no clue, but it definitely doesn't sound like its your fault!! Did the police officer even take a report about what happened?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephB060811
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Well hopefully they will laugh in that bitches face for trying to say it was your fault. sorry mama some people are so dumb.

Gealach
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM
If no report was filed Idk what you can really do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xx.felisha.xx
Since its on private property can you ask for copy of the tape and use it as evidence against her if there's security cameras?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMKristy

What a jerk! I think it's your insurances responsibility to fight for you guys. I hope it all works out.

Quoting later.tater:

Fuck no

Quoting JMKristy:

later.tater
Yeah, I just worry because it's HER insurance company... I hope they drop her sorry ass and I hope she has a hard time getting insurance afterward.

Quoting StephB060811:

Well hopefully they will laugh in that bitches face for trying to say it was your fault. sorry mama some people are so dumb.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greengreengrass
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:51 PM
This.
When I worked at a grocery store I had many people ask for camera video as evidence. My manager gave it to them.

Quoting xx.felisha.xx:

Since its on private property can you ask for copy of the tape and use it as evidence against her if there's security cameras?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Contact the station and demand a report. If you request one, they have to do one. He was just being lazy.

Also see if you can get some video maybe, from the parking lot.

Quoting JMKristy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xx.felisha.xx
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM
if its private property the officer cannot file a report. They have limitations like county juridisctions. Since its private property you have to file a report. This old lady his my stepdads car and since was on private property he couldn't do anything. Got the info and everything...ladies license was suspended or expired and when they tried to call her she refused to talk or anything. Taking her to court. Gotta call ur insurance company and tell them what happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN