Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Ugh, so we were in a fender bender... *UPDATE 5/2*

Posted by   + Show Post
*update* they found the lady at fault *neener neener* and are promptly mailing us a check for $1,000.00

Justice is served!

Not too long ago, and the lady is trying to fight it saying it's our fault. This is what happened. We turned right into the parking lot and slowed down to turn right to go park. This lady came barreling in behind us and I guess couldn't wait. So she proceeded pass us on the right, while we were turning (there are no medians or deviders, just painted lines and parking space and driving paths with arrows) She hits our car and keeps going. She proceeds to turn left to go to K-mart. We follow her because damnit she hit us... She gets out of the car (which she parked at the entrance) and goes into the store... WTF! We wait outside and call the cops. She comes outside and doesn't once ask if we are okay or anything, just hands Chris a paper and said here's my information... I had to go get my precription. the cop did nothing (I'm told this is because its private property. But damnit she left the scene). He just verified that we got her info and left. I had neck pain for 2 weeks because of this bitch! What do you guys think will happen?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (11-19):
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:58 PM
If its on private property, each driver is on their own for damages. They can go to small claims court though. My ex destroyed a mustang on private property with my truck....they had no case because it was private property. The cop said if it had been on a public road that my ex would have received a reckless ticket.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Without a police report her insurance most likely won't pay for damages
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Holli on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Did she go over the painted lines of the parking spots?

TRMommyto4
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM
This has happened to me before and they CAN do something without a police report. They can compare damages on the cars to see who was likely at fault. This happened to me a couple years ago and the insurance company fought for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shayshay90
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM

just thank god you were ok n that woman is a total excuse my language moms but that woman is a total bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

redneckmama2
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Where was the damage on your car and on her car? did anyone get pictures of it? From what it sounds like the damage to the cars should tell you something

StarryRain
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Hugs,

Legalities suck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
later.tater
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
later.tater
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)