Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what toys did you start off with for you baby to keep them entertained and active

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

my daughter is 3 1/2 months old and she is getting very active. I try and play with her and keep he busy when she is woke. she can not sit up by herself yet but holds her head but very well. She loves to grab and put everything in her mouth now. So far she has her stuffed animals that she enjoys and she plays on her playmate. She has a chair but it doesnt have but only only  little toy attached to it. she seems to be getting bored or restless at times. She loves to be played with. Is it time for me to buy her a hair that lets her sit in it and stand and has all those million toys on it? I seen one of those chairs that allows her to jump and has alot of toys. But she is still small not even 4months yet. My fiance says we should get her some kinda chair with activites. I agree but what and which one???? What did you start your baby off with far as charis and activity centers? How did they take to it? Does anyone have one of those jumpers that put in the doorway? How small was yur baby before you decided to move him/her into a activity chair? What kind works well for your baby? what are you favs?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rosemagic01
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM

This was very hard to read hun might you clean it up a bit?

bouncers and excersaucers are fine if she has good head control. If she needs a little trunk support put a small blanket around her waist when you put her in. My son was in a high chair and an excersaucer at 2.5 months (sat on his own at 4.5 months) He was always super restless so I always had to change him from one thing to another. Didn't matter if I sat and played with him or if he had a million things in front of him he would just like being sitting up to laying down to in our laps to in a chair to on his mat but never more than a half hour at a time. 

Kelsmomma123
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM
I don't remember what brand but my youngest hard one of the sit and spin ones with about 12+ little toys all the way around it and I started him in it around 3 months. I just put a few blankets around him to keep him more stable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudGBmama
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM
I had a move and crawl ball it talks Sings and rolls by itself my son loved it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GG24
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM

sorry ladies i was typing and feeding the baby. I didnt proof read. Its all over the place but you guys get the point lol thnks lol

GG24
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM

all great ideas. ill be checking into some soon.

love.my.babys
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Bumbo chairs with trays. I put my son in a fancy bouncer and his swing that had a mirror on the top and toys on the tray. He was in love with his rattle from day one. Babies will love anything that makes noise. My son is now 7 months old and plays with tupperware and plastic ware. He also has the balls that move around and squishy blocks that make noise. It's hard to entertain a 3 month old. 

LML1
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM

My daughter loved her play mat with the toys above her. Target has some neat toys to attach to it. Of course her swing : ) The swing was a life saver for me. When she could sit, she loved her jumperoo.

OliviasMommy614
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 3:13 AM

I have a 4 year old DD and a 1 year old DD. With my second DD we had every toy at our finger tips for her lol. She was very active early as well. One of her favorite things early on was the mega blocks lol she would play with those for hours if we let her. Also the activity chair or exersaucer whichever, we put her in as soon as she could sit up pretty good with assistance, she loved that. And yes we had a jumpy thing that hangs from the door she loved that too. I would definatley go with an exersaucer first because she is probably either ready or will soon to be ready for one and it's nice because they can use it for a pretty long time. So you get your moneys worth. Plus it keeps them busy with alot of different toys, gets there brains working and also helps with body strength-legs, back, neck everything. I would start with that and definatley get some mega blocks i bet shell love them :) 

sweettigeress
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:18 AM

rattles, keys, balls, anything that crinkles, those cloth books. You don't have to buy her an exersaucer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)