Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any mommy's in houston?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM
  • 20 Replies
Just wondering. I moved to Houston a couple of years ago from college station, tx and haven't met many women around here to befriend.
If you are in Houston, what area?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahm_of_rj
by Marisa on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I'm in Victoria but am in Houston quite often. I grew up in College Station :) What part of Houston?

southernbelle07
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I'm in humble now. We bought a house here in July. We lived in clear lake before that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahm_of_rj
by Marisa on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Cool cool, my family is in the Cypress area. Did you grow up in College Station? I lived there until I was 15

southernbelle07
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM
I grew up in the channelview area and moved to college station when I was 18. We lived there for five years and when I came back, I didn't know anyone anymore :( except my family, of course.
There is one person that I talk to every once in a while, but people change a lot after 18.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Missouri City here! I don't "technically" still live there but I go visit my fam. We could still chat and hang. Where at in Houston are you? Since Houston is like humungous and all. I live in Louisiana now :( bummer I know. Df has to work though.

southernbelle07
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:25 PM
That's why I was in college station. I married a guy that worked there.
We both grew up in Houston, and we met near Louisiana. And he worked in College Station. We did the long distance thing for almost a year, and then we got married, I dropped everything and moved there.
I tried to get back to Houston with him for a for a while before we actually found jobs and did it.
I'm glad we did. I feel like I'm home now. I didn't miss the famous Houston traffic, but I'm definitely a big city kind of girl. I like that if Target is out of something I wanted, there is another 15 away. LOL

Quoting jshalas89:

Missouri City here! I don't "technically" still live there but I go visit my fam. We could still chat and hang. Where at in Houston are you? Since Houston is like humungous and all. I live in Louisiana now :( bummer I know. Df has to work though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

We live in BFE literally. If you go 20 more miles south you'll be swimming in the Gulf. I don't hate it here but I wouldn't choose to live here. I saw you live in Humble. That's pretty far from MC. I have a friend that lives there and have yet to even see her place because it's so far. You think Houston traffic is bad, per capita it isn't anywhere near as bad as Seattle. I lived there for 5 years and was dying to come back to TX. Give Houston a big ol Howdy from me.

Quoting southernbelle07:

We both grew up in Houston, and we met near Louisiana. And he worked in College Station. We did the long distance thing for almost a year, and then we got married, I dropped everything and moved there.
I tried to get back to Houston with him for a for a while before we actually found jobs and did it.
I'm glad we did. I feel like I'm home now. I didn't miss the famous Houston traffic, but I'm definitely a big city kind of girl. I like that if Target is out of something I wanted, there is another 15 away. LOL

Quoting jshalas89:

Roxygurl
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM
I'm down in pearland
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbelle07
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Oh my gosh! I don't want to go anywhere that has worst traffic! LOL
The Houston area is so general. It can take 2 hrs to get from one part to the other.

Quoting jshalas89:

We live in BFE literally. If you go 20 more miles south you'll be swimming in the Gulf. I don't hate it here but I wouldn't choose to live here. I saw you live in Humble. That's pretty far from MC. I have a friend that lives there and have yet to even see her place because it's so far. You think Houston traffic is bad, per capita it isn't anywhere near as bad as Seattle. I lived there for 5 years and was dying to come back to TX. Give Houston a big ol Howdy from me.

Quoting southernbelle07:

Quoting jshalas89:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbelle07
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM
I have an aunt that lives there.

Quoting Roxygurl:

I'm down in pearland
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)