Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Cant stop BC but want to conceive... Help???

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:45 AM
  • 88 Replies
Hi so I'm on birth control, I don't want to be but even though My 20th birthday was yesterday...which most people will say is too young for a child but bare with me through this message... I live with my mother who says I have to take it as long as I want help from her... She monitors me taking it... I really want to have a child though I won't be ready for a child financially until the end of this year when I will be recieving money enough for myself and a child... If I were to conceive even this month I would be okay to take care of a baby by the time it would be born... I have a job and will be getting my own apartment in about 2-3 months close to home still... I have plenty of people who will support this decision... So my question is this:

How can I get pregnant while on the pill? Are there things that make it less effective so that I have a better chance of conceiving?

Please help me

Thankyou

Lizza
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMR320
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Spot saved!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinamina89
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:51 AM
I know things like ibeprophen (I can't spell) tylenol ect make it less effective
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:53 AM
4 moms liked this
Please don't. Wait till you're financially ready. Please!
LaughableLizza
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Quoting SarahLizyB:

Please don't. Wait till you're financially ready. Please!

I'll be ready 100% by the time baby would be born
SarahLizyB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:57 AM
Ok. As long as you have savings and not living paycheck to paycheck, then go for it. Good luck

Quoting LaughableLizza:

LaughableLizza
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:57 AM
Quoting tinamina89:

I know things like ibeprophen (I can't spell) tylenol ect make it less effective

Really??? I take ibuprofen for headaches almost daily...
504bbymami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:02 AM
4 moms liked this
Omg. 20 is def not too young to have a child but you do not seem mature enough to have a child. You need to be out on your own and fully supporting yourself before you even think about this.

So for the record' THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA!!!!

But depending on your bc, antibiotics would make them not work. But hunky, stop and think about what you're doing. Don't be selfish. Stop thinking of yourself and think of your future child!

Have you ever lived on your own? Do you have a secure and stable long term job with bennifits? A stable significant other? An education?

If you wann plan to ttc, you should have these things. Yes it's possible to do it without these things but it's not ideal and if you are getting pregnant on purpose you need to get your ducks in a row.

By the time I was your age, I had been living on my own for a few years, had a chIld and was mArried and it was still hard.

Now at almost 23 I am just getting it all together and just had my first planned baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:03 AM
Antibiotics make the pill not work,but why are you in such a rush? Are you in a relationship or are you wanting to be a single mom? And you also need to keep in mind your financial situation if you are put on bedrest or have any other problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShellGardner
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Antibiotics
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:03 AM
I've never heard of that making bc less effective

Quoting LaughableLizza:

Quoting tinamina89:

Really??? I take ibuprofen for headaches almost daily...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)