Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

oh the scandal! *update 2* the encounter

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:58 AM
  • 23 Replies

Haha not really, but I did giggle.. And this will probably cause family drama.

For those who don't know, my MIL stops by to see Brayden maybe twice a month, for ten minutes, on her way to church (its conveniently on the way). When Jesse was hospitalized, I called her and basically got "I'm not surprised". Nice. Jesse was heartbroken that she wouldn't visit... She called him DAYS later and basically played the "I told you so" game. (Oh cuz you know, having an auto immune disorder in his youth that led to type 1 diabetes is SO his fault)

(Sorry- if you don't know me: brayden is ds and jesse is dh)

She has also told some great stories of her neglectful parenting...

Well, she called this morning (to ask if she could stop by) and Jesse ignored her call...

My jaw dropped hahaha! He has always looked past things because she's his mom. He just said, "I'm not dealing with her today"

LOL she has called my phone twice too. I'm following Jesse's lead since she's HIS mom.

:-P na na na na boo boo

*update*
So I listened to the voicemail...

SHE'S COMING ANYWAY

All she does is hold "the baby" (he's 4mo and she has yet to say his name) for 2min and talk about her dogs and lecture us on proper eating.

The diabetes is my fault too because as his wife I should be preparing organic home cooked meals every night no matter how late it is or how tired I am.

Ugh, great. Jesse won't call and tell her no... And I don't feel its my place

**2**

omg i love all the ideas! next time for sure! they made Jesse laugh

well, i went outside to smoke (i know i know, im trying to quit again- but i NEED one to handle her) and she pulled in.....

she held brayden for two minutes- because he screamed at her the whole time (you go B!), told me again what i should be cooking, told me not to give anything to my pregnant SIL- that i need to sell her things (fuck that- if we're done using it, its theirs), and talked about her dogs and horses

not once did she ask jesse how he was feeling....

oh- and jesse was in the kitchen the whole time cooking... left me all alone with her hahahaha! jerk....  (i dont blame him)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skyes_mama
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Sorry that you have deal deal with that, But ......... Good for you! I woul ignore the old bitty too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandiec214
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

oooo i so would do the same thing... thankfully I dont have inlaws like that. I love my SO mother!!!! She is such a saint. Sorry you have to deal with that though. I couldnt imagine. Although I do have some family members of my own who are just like that. Infact me and her are at it now. Silly old woman!

Taurus930
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:12 AM
3 moms liked this
I often ignore my mother in laws calls :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Gityo butt in that kitchen and cook yo man some organic, range free spinach!

What a brat. I'm glad he's starting to stand up to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gastromama2007
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:29 AM
5 moms liked this
Ignore her when she comes.over. just leave her standing there knocking haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl2810
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't answer the door!

Or make one of y'all sick enough to puke on her when she walks in! Lol! ruin her nice lil church outfit! If only Brayden was a spitter upper! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheesyKitty
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Lock the door, or even better leave! Go eat breakfast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittanyx22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I would just not answer the door lol
Gealach
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Leave! Cut the block a few times lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandiec214
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Well its not your place to tell her no its his mom but it is your house as well. I would just tell her that your about to leave and do just as you say. or just lock the doors and ignore her. She will get the point ( i hope at least)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)