Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:52 AM
  • 9 Replies
Anyone having trouble with so called friends since having your baby(s) I wouldn't mind so much if they would just er out of my life but they insist on hanging by a thread and giving me a shred of hope that they'll come around :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NovaChick26
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Im kind of in the same spot my friends that live the closest to me are being friends of convience (when its a good time for them) and it dosnt work for me , everytime Im ready to give up they come back around err why is that. and my bff lives in another state but we usually are always texting calling or visiting each other but recently she decided to shove her head up her but and walk away from her kids and everything else positive in her life and I dont condone it so i told her when she pulled her head out give me a call. I feel lost without a bff at the moment .

MommyChay
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I have one friend thy I can rely on and I love her to death but it sucks that something so amazing as children can really run someone off! It's pathetic!

Quoting NovaChick26:

Im kind of in the same spot my friends that live the closest to me are being friends of convience (when its a good time for them) and it dosnt work for me , everytime Im ready to give up they come back around err why is that. and my bff lives in another state but we usually are always texting calling or visiting each other but recently she decided to shove her head up her but and walk away from her kids and everything else positive in her life and I dont condone it so i told her when she pulled her head out give me a call. I feel lost without a bff at the moment .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kirven3
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Me all our friends cut us off. Just because we dont drink and hang out till 2am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KNSmommyof2
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM
I don't have any friends. My hubby and my mom are my best friends. The only friend I actually ever had (even before kids) decided that she just wanted to keep me around for when she needed something...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyChay
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:36 AM
If any of you ladies want to add me on fb and me added into my
Mom group you're more than welcome! My name is Chay Roten-Honeycutt and my profile picture is an antique lookin one of me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teaching_mama
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM
It was kind of like that for me for a while when dd was a baby. But after I got out of the new mommy stage and relaxed a little and sleep deprivation wore off and all that our friendships kind of came back to normal. I also have new friends that are my mommy friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyChay
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:07 AM
I have new friends who are mommy friends but DS is 18 months and old friends are still non existent

Quoting teaching_mama:

It was kind of like that for me for a while when dd was a baby. But after I got out of the new mommy stage and relaxed a little and sleep deprivation wore off and all that our friendships kind of came back to normal. I also have new friends that are my mommy friends.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:32 AM

All my friends disappeared until they started having their own kids. It was sort of like they were pissed I couldn't just go and do. In fact I had a friend "call me out" about not going out all the time. I told her that I need more than an hour notice since I have to get a babysitter and stuff. That pissed her off and she never asked me any where again. That is fine. She just has a different life style than me. I hopefully made a friend the other day. It seems hard to make mom friends. Some of my old friends are having kids and finally seeing where I am coming from. lol.

MommyChay
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Yeah it's hard to make new friends aty age but I'm trying cause as odd as it seems I feel like I need friends lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)