Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Present Help...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

So we live in an upscale area, over half of the small town is very wealthy. My son got invited to one of his classmates parties who happens to be in one of these extremely wealthy families. The little boy is turning 6 and I am having a hard time figuring out what present to get. He's probably got every toy you could think of :/

The birthday party is going to be a huge affair; pool, bouncy houses, live music, concession stands, games, shows, etc. Help a girl out? What do you get a kid that has everything?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cutestmom24
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM
You could get him a gift card to toys r us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanceandhailey
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Certificate to the movies, bounce house play place..gift cards

His own special day. allows you to dedicate and register a specific day to recognize a special person  (no kidding) http://mydayregistry.com/home_page.php

ambermarie2006
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Those are great ideas. Thanks :)

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Certificate to the movies, bounce house play place..gift cards

His own special day. allows you to dedicate and register a specific day to recognize a special person  (no kidding) http://mydayregistry.com/home_page.php

Peaches9
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Well, depends on what he likes. It is from my experience that a kid can never have too many cars or trains or whatever. You need to get something that can compliment something he may already have. Like he may have a huge racetrack so the more cars the merrier. Check out specialty stores that most other people may not shop at often or depending on time frame maybe check online for stores. Sorry if this doesn't help.

BabyBrooke13
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM

i have this problem everytime dd gets invite to a party . . . I let her pick out the gift so it's something that really means something to here and shes always proud when here present gets opened . . . so far so good, the kids have all been greatful . . . when they're young like this just let the kids pick something for their friends, just keep a gift receipt in case

momof3jam
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Ouch!! If you do a gift card - for this type of family - it would need to be like $50. I usually avoid gift cards for younger kids. Hmmm... what about tickets to a movie, or tickets to a local arcade or whatever you have by you? Things he can go DO rather than play with...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)