• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the worst kind of sitter

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM
  • 3 Replies

OK what's your sitter vent? We all have them. We appreciate so much that they are willing to watch our little munchkins but some are worse then others!

Mine happened last night as me and hubby got to go out from 7 to 11. From the get go she made it clear she was only doing this because she owed us a favor. Awesome. My oldest goes to bed at 8 and the youngest still isn't on a schedule. Both kids were tired so my oldest was acting up a bit but nothing super major.

All the sitter would do is text me about things I couldn't control. They weren't emergencies and she wasn't asking me to come home but seriously? She knows how rare it is for us to get out and constantly texting me all night about how my 10 month old won't go to bed on command gets old. I just felt so upset. I wanted to enjoy my few hours with my husband but all I could do is worry about my kids.

I was so grateful to get a night out but having that sitter almost made it not worth it :(

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JoLee12345
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Oh my, a friend watched our four while we went to dinner for our anniversary. She actually lost my daughter. My daughter walked out the door and she didn't notice for 45 minutes! Well she doesn't sit for me anymore!
miller060905
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I hate when you come home and it's more than obvious the sitter did nothing but sit on the couch and play on their phone or computer! Drives me insane!!!

I had one babysitter that was AMAZING! She was a high school student that watched the kids on weekends while I worked and the occassional date night. When I got home my kids were always happy & dressed and the main part of the house was always at least as clean as when I left (more often then not it was cleaner). The kids LOVED her because she would take them to the park or on nature walks. She actually paid attention to them! It was a sad day when she went to college and then we moved out of that town!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
becauseIsaid
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I have never hired a "sitter". My parents or grand parents usually watch the kids. On the rare occasion I have a cousin sit all I ask is my kids be alive...lol...no in all seriousness I don't have a sitter horror story unless you consider my parents giving the kids loads of sugar then sending them home to mom and dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)