Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you leave your child?

In June we will be moving to Kansas. At the end of may we are planning to go down (or over, really lol) for a week to look at places to live and just check out the area. My MIL has offered to keep our son when we go. He's 3. We haven't ever left him that long and its 13ish hours away. My husband is ok with letting him stay with her. I'm just not sure. I trust her with him, but it's sooo far away! Would you leave your kids that long/far away? Am I crazy for all the "what ifs" that play through my head just thinking about leaving him? What would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Replies (601-601):
grnsmomma
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM

We just went to Hawaii in March to get married (just the 2 of us) and left our soon-to-be 3 year old with my mom for 8 days.  It was so so hard but it was the best decision for all of us.  I hadn't been away from him for more than 24 hours and that's when he was only 5 minutes away.  It was good for us because we got Adult Time and DS learned that we will leave but we will always come back.  Plus while we were gone he started talking on the phone, and it's amazing how much more he has been saying since we got back.  Plus he got quality time with Grammy and was spoiled way too rotten.

As for leaving him with my MIL, F*** NO.  She is an unstable homeless druggie who I will never let watch him alone.  So I can't help you there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)