Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

daily stressers of everyday life

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM
  • 2 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was sitting here thinking about my day in general. I have actually noticed peoples complaints more than I used to, since I have been pregnant this time around. Anyway, as I am sitting here, I am thinking about all the things us women, men, anyone really complain about! Like today for instance, I was complaining about the floors, see being a neat freak, dirty floors stress me out..... BUT then I realized, some people would be damn happy to even have a floor, sticky or not! Same with the laundry, I do several loads a day and am always wondering how in the hell I got cursed with so many dirty clothes, BUT then I realize that some people don't get to wear clean clothes unless they walk to the river and soak them the best they can with no soap and all that mud. But even more disturbing to me was my frustration at cooking each night for my lovely family because 1/2 the time the kids don't eat it, When somewhere a mother is wishing she could cook a meal for her kids, and wishing her kids were so well fed that they would be picky about what she served! All this thinking got me to realize that I am damn lucky, and if I want to complain, I better make it damn good, because so many people would give their left arm to be me, and have my complaints! So, I am going t end this asking you this.....

Have you had that moment where you realize hoe minimal and petty your daily stressers are?

Thank you! JoLee G. Waddlekiss

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
boshs1andonly
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. sometimes i get so stressed out but then i have to stop and realize how lucky i am. the other day dh and i went to red lobster, then went to toy r us to buy a couple of small toys for dd. and i remember that i know someone who is getting ready to be homeless because they haven't paid their mortgage in 5 months. and i realize how lucky we are. things aren't perfect but the little bumps in the road are easier to take when you remember that its not all bad. 

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. and it always makes me absolutely disgusted with America and our entitled attitude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)