• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 year old keeps having accidents

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM
  • 4 Replies
He has been potty trained since he was 3. Of course he has worn pullups at night and he even still does because he won't wake up and I can't get him to wake up to use the bathroom. Once this kid is out, he is out. So he'll even have accidents at night that end up soaking his sheets UGH we go through this 2 times a week at least. We limit how much he drinks before bed and make sure he pees before he goes to sleep. He'll go a month or so without having an accident during the day and then he'll go a couple months where he has accidents several times a week. I think he gets too busy doing what he's doing to go pee. He'll be watching tv and just pee his pants because he doesn't want to get up and miss his cartoon. I tell him no more tv if he doesn't stop because I know he knows better. Like today for example, he peed himself. I went to see what he was doing and he was looking for clothes and I asked why. He said "because I need clothes." I asked why again and he didn't want to tell me. I asked him if he peed his pants and he said, "it was an accident!" So that's been his new thing is saying it was accidental. He starts kindergarten in the fall and peeing in class isn't going to go over well...I don't know what to do with him. He waits until the last minute to race to the bathroom and barely makes it. I have told him he can't do that but he has done it since he was potty trained. He gets mad that I make him wear pullups at night but he will NOT wake up...I'm at a loss as to what to do anymore...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Amiehart62
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Maybe get rid of the pull ups and have him start cleaning up his accidents. If he has an accident and only has to put new pants on it just may not mean anything to him...but if he has to clean up his accidents maybe he will be more thoughtful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I could try that. Nothing else seems to be working lol it's worth a shot.

Quoting Amiehart62:

Maybe get rid of the pull ups and have him start cleaning up his accidents. If he has an accident and only has to put new pants on it just may not mean anything to him...but if he has to clean up his accidents maybe he will be more thoughtful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amiehart62
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Kids don't like cleaning. If it doesn't work I bet his ped. Will have some suggestions too. GL

Quoting Aadensma:

Quoting Amiehart62:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Thank you.

Quoting Amiehart62:

Kids don't like cleaning. If it doesn't work I bet his ped. Will have some suggestions too. GL

Quoting Aadensma:

Quoting Amiehart62:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)