Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How can I help my 6 month old??

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM
  • 24 Replies
So my lil guy is 6 months old and I know a lot of people say that by 6 months he should be rolling over and sitting up and putting his weight on his feet. Well he has yet to roll over and he can sit up for a little bit on his own but most of the time ends up toppling over. He will put a bit of weight on his feet but just bounces like he's in his bouncer. Is there anything I can do to help him along and make it easier for him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dinimon
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Nope. He will do it all in time. Just don't get frustrated. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Just give it time. Give him lots oof floor play time.

Lovemyangels88
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM
I wasn't too worried about it till the day care brought it up to me. Kinda made me feel like he should be but isn't. That's when I started to worry about it a bit.

Quoting Dinimon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love2jump
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I wouldn't worry about anything unless his pediatrician brings it up. At 6 months he still has a lot if tell to meet those milestones!

Quoting Lovemyangels88:

I wasn't too worried about it till the day care brought it up to me. Kinda made me feel like he should be but isn't. That's when I started to worry about it a bit.

Quoting Dinimon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I understand how that can worry you but just give him time. I'm sure he's just fine.

Quoting Lovemyangels88:

Quoting Dinimon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:46 PM
If his doctor thinks it is okay and hasn't brought anything up, I wouldn't worry about it. Most 6 month olds that I know do the bounce thing when they put weight on their legs! Don't worry and don't let anyone tell you something is wrong. Babies develop at different rates! If you are still worried take him to the pedi but im pretty sure nothing is wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabtreemommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Tummy time!! Tummy time will provide him with a chance to learn to roll. I had a playmat that had toys on the mat along with toys that dangled and lights at the top that would light up and blink while it played music or nature sounds. It really encouraged my son to roll from his tummy to his back to watch them blink and play with his dangling toys. 

As far as weight on his feet... give him time... it will come in the next few months!! 

Sit up: just keep sitting him up until he develops the muscles. Eventually... he will develop the muscles to stay sitting up without assistance! :) 

cats911
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Bigger babies take about a month longer, and undersized babies also take about a month longer.

Lovemyangels88
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:58 PM
I try to give him as much tummy time as I can but after a few minutes he starts to get real fussy till he is back on his back. I can def try to make it more interesting for him so he might like it tho thanks!

Quoting crabtreemommy:

Tummy time!! Tummy time will provide him with a chance to learn to roll. I had a playmat that had toys on the mat along with toys that dangled and lights at the top that would light up and blink while it played music or nature sounds. It really encouraged my son to roll from his tummy to his back to watch them blink and play with his dangling toys. 

As far as weight on his feet... give him time... it will come in the next few months!! 

Sit up: just keep sitting him up until he develops the muscles. Eventually... he will develop the muscles to stay sitting up without assistance! :) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kennedysmom83
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I wouldn't worry, him bouncing will help strengthen those muscles. A boppy pillow will help hold him up and learn to balance sitting. All in time, my 1 yr old nephew doesn't crawl at all and certainly doesn't walk. He just scoots his butt across the floor, its hilarious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)