Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

These people should know this!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

*I had Tetralogyof the fallot and when I was three I had it fixed leaving me with a slight murmur*

Okay so I go to the doctors for my cough and the doctors sounding my chest, I've been with this doctor for almost 11years now and when he's sounding my chest he turns to me and he's all "Do you have a heart murmur?" I'm all "Yes." I wasn't pissed at the time but now I'm thinkin' he's my doctor should he not know this??

I know it's pretty petty for me to be annoyed by this but should a doctor not know his patient. And I mean 11years I'd see past it if he were only a new doctor.

I mean I find my husband reading up on patients all the time! Whats the difference with other doctors?

I seriously don't know why I'm ranting. 

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
t1gger143
by Katie on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM
That would bother me too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:49 PM

It would bother me a tiny bit however, they have a billion other paitents and can't be expected to remember everything.

MommaMia001
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I know, but it just bothered me. And I seriously don't know why

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

It would bother me a tiny bit however, they have a billion other paitents and can't be expected to remember everything.

sweettigeress
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Meh...they see many people, you can't expect him to remember everything.

ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM
This.. but he could've at least glanced to be sure. Plus 11 yrs. . . You'd think you'd know something abt ur patient. :/

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Taurus930
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd only be mad if it were in your file and he didn't know. Sure doctors have lots of patients but there's no excuse for at least not thoroughly reviewing the persons file before they enter the exam room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)