Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What would you do? Piog

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM
  • 4 Replies
My cycle will be exactly a week late tomorrow, I took a hpt earlier this week that was negative. What would you do at this point?? Would you continue to wait for af or call your doctor asking for a blood test?

Eta
I just called an ob/gyn office near my work and told the lady my period will be a week late tomorrow and that I took a hpt earlier this week and it was negative and I would like a blood test done for pregnancy and she said that it's a little early and to wait a week. She said she can't schedule me until I have a positive hpt!! Tomorrow will make 6 weeks since I've had a period! I'm so upset after that call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kylersmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM
For some women it takes a week or more after a missed period to get a positive in a hpt. Maybe wait a few days & test again. I know easier said than done but thats really all you can do! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mgnlee6
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Id wait a couple days & re-test or call another office to get a blood test done.

TessaRae01
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM

It's gunna be hard to wait. It's weird that they won't schedule you now. But all doctors are different. Till you can get a doctors appt, your just gunna have to wait it out ( sucks ) Or take a test everyday lol. Also, an option is to go to the hospital ( if you really really can't wait that extra week ) and complain of stomach pains. They should take blood, and have them test for pregnancy.

Goodluck!!

liz.a.powell
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I remember my ob wouldn't see me until after a positive test or I was 6 weeks late. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN