Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Pretty sure this will get me bashed on

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM
  • 64 Replies

but my 15yo SS drives me FREAKING insane! He has become so disrespecful and mean. There are times I really can't stand him and wish he would go back to his moms. He is teaching my 4 yo twins to act the same. They are starting to talk back and swear. When I ask them where they learn those words from they say their big brother. He is also teaching them to be mean to my DD. He is so mean to her and calls her names so now they do it too. 

We have also cought him stealing from his dad and I. I feel like I have to put locks on my fridge because he will take food that is just for his dad and I (we have certant treats we buy for ourselves because we can't eat what we buy them). I will get something that is for the whole family to share and it will dispear and the wrappers will end up in his room. Just the other night (I was at work and his dad was at school) He made one of those big enchalada dinners that feeds a family and ate half of it himself! The worst part is he didn't even dish anything up for his little brothers and we have always told the older kids the babies eat first.

He has pulled pellet guns and knives on his younger brothers and sisters, so I am scared for them. Sometimes it frightens me to leave them a lone with him. 

He is failing all his classes in school. No matter how much I check on his grades and go over missing assignments and ask him if he needs help he just slacks off. We try to talk to him about how important school is and how hard it is to try and make up for it later but he just doesn't care.

I'm pregnant so I'm way more bitchy then normal. I am just tired of trying any more. I want to just give up and send him back to his moms so I don't have to deal with his bad attitued.

His dad doesn't want to do anything about it leagle wise because he doesn't want his son to get into any type of system. We are starting him on counciling the 2nd but I'm worried it wont help.

Anyone else feel this way about SKs? I have a SD (btw) who I used to not get a long with but is a peach now. Sadly she is going to live with her mom after school is over. I deff will miss her. Her mom just moved to WA but wanted the kids to finish out school.

Well vent over....

BabyFruit Ticker
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gealach
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I hope the counseling helps :(

ooCherryo0
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I do too... I really hate feeling this way towards him. I try really hard to be a good mom but feel like I am failing because I feel this way.

Quoting Gealach:

I hope the counseling helps :(

BabyFruit Ticker
MommyRJ
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:58 PM
I'm sorry :(
I don't have step kids but was one. It's not easy for anyone.
Hopefully counseling helps and at least they may give you suggestions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM
I hope the counseling helps too. He sounds troubled. Hopefully with the counseling whatever issues are going on they will be addressed. There's definitely something going on that he's not telling either of you. 15 is such a hard age. I remember it well and can empathize with you and him. I'm glad you guys are getting him help though! Hopefully it is the first step to rebuilding a healthy relationship with you and your dh! Good luck and *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2beautiesnb
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:02 PM
i love my step son and have a great relationship with him but he's only 6 so here's a bump for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Send his ass back to his moms. I would tell dh it was us or his ds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ooCherryo0
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Him and I used to have a great relationship. We got a long so well and we still both have so much in common. It's just half the time now I don't even want to be in the same place as him. It's a hard feeling to harbor and I don't know if it's just so bad because I'm pregnant... I hope it goes away after the baby is born.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

i love my step son and have a great relationship with him but he's only 6 so here's a bump for you.

BabyFruit Ticker
mama2beautiesnb
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Or it could be that he's a teen and testing his boundaries. Just be patient and hopefully with some counseling this too shall pass. Hugs mama.

Quoting ooCherryo0:

Him and I used to have a great relationship. We got a long so well and we still both have so much in common. It's just half the time now I don't even want to be in the same place as him. It's a hard feeling to harbor and I don't know if it's just so bad because I'm pregnant... I hope it goes away after the baby is born.

Quoting mama2beautiesnb:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rae706
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm not trying to bash you, really I'm not, but I hate the rules surrounding food. I've read stuff like this from other posters, so its not just you. He is 15, growing boy, so he's hungry. Why is it such a big deal that he ate half of an enchialada meal, or some of YOUR treats. Maybe you should buy more so he can have some. I woudnt feel very at home anywhere I had to ask permission to eat. And if the babies eat first, shouldn't ss have first dibbs before you and dh? And why is it more important for the babies to eat than ss anyway?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillady398
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM

In my own opinion, Step Kids get on my everlasting nerves. They always go the extra mile to defy everything the Step Parent stands for and believe me Ive been through it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN