Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

bf mommy

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:49 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

so i have notced that breast feeding my newborn is much easier than it was with my first boy. has it been like that for any other moms here? just curious. sorry for not using upper case letters im typing one handed.

in lovebreastfeedingboy on a swing Gray + Gwen Gray = Edwyn L.T Gray and Alexander J. Watson

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, you know more this time around. by the time I got to my youngest, I had everything down to a science.

GwenGray
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 6:54 AM

im still learning. i still cant tell when my breast is "empty" of milk.

Kirven3
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Breastfeefing was so easy for me. Im going on one year and working full time. I have not had one crack,bleeding,sore,infection,etc. I hope with my next child it this easy! Happy nursing !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:24 AM
2 moms liked this
You're never "empty". Think of them as a working factory, not a storage unto, you're always making milk! Nurse on one side til baby pops off, burp, try that side again and if baby refuses you can try the other side :)

Quoting GwenGray:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Unit* lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayteebug93
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:32 AM
I pump only... And have been for 8m... It's easy for me :) bfing would be hard for me! This is my first. Good Job on bfing its the best for them!!! My friend had a similar experience As you. With her first she didn't last that long but is going strong with her second. I think its due in large part to confidence. It's your second. Been there done that kind of confidence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:35 AM
This is my 2nd but my first breast feedin
I'm on day 3 today.
I'm just hoping the soreness goes away as fast as it came.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:54 AM

For me the pain went away pretty quickly, but then it came back but that's just because my son decided to get a little gummy with my nipples. (meaning he decided to gum them a lot for a while) so they got a little sore again. Try Lanolin if you don't get any better, or just do it now, it works pretty good. Or try ice cubes. Either one should help. Good luck mama, stick with it!

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

This is my 2nd but my first breast feedin
I'm on day 3 today.
I'm just hoping the soreness goes away as fast as it came.

in lovebreastfeedingboy on a swing Gray + Gwen Gray = Edwyn L.T Gray and Alexander J. Watson

GwenGray
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM

I tried to pump with my first and it was rough! Congrats on being able to do so! Also as for the confidence thing, I also think it has to do with the fact that we can't afford to buy baby formula. (I'm not on wic yet, working on that one)

Quoting kayteebug93:

I pump only... And have been for 8m... It's easy for me :) bfing would be hard for me! This is my first. Good Job on bfing its the best for them!!! My friend had a similar experience As you. With her first she didn't last that long but is going strong with her second. I think its due in large part to confidence. It's your second. Been there done that kind of confidence.

GwenGray
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:56 AM

I actually didn't know that. Thanks for the info :)

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

You're never "empty". Think of them as a working factory, not a storage unto, you're always making milk! Nurse on one side til baby pops off, burp, try that side again and if baby refuses you can try the other side :)

Quoting GwenGray:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN