Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ANSWER ME THIS LADIES

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM
  • 50 Replies

What would you tell your 14 year old self? 

I'll go first................I would tell me at 14 slow down, go with your first mind,focus more on school, Don't grow to fast enjoy the years and freedom.

I was a typical teen the boys,parties, hanging out.  I did good in school but I could have done better.  I grew up a little fast.

I saw this question on a show and thought I would ask

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovelyladybump
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I would tell my 14 year old self that things get MUCH better once I learn to stick up for myself and stop being so damn shy. Don't fall for the first guy who shows interest in you. If a guy is nice to you, but an asshole to everyone else, chances are he's just an asshole in general. Move on. Oh, and you aren't the only one who hates your step mom. Open your mouth and tell your mother. She'll make sure something gets done about it ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimmaylove013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:37 AM
For me I wouldn't have waited to lose weight until 15 lol, I wish my mother would have instilled better eating habbits as I hope to do with my kids. I don't think she realized how it affected me until I went to her and said I want to diet!
MomRocs1102
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM

i was at a good weight but my eating caught up with me.........I wish i would eaten better then and now it would be  second nature

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Id tell myself to keep being awesome. Oh and watch out for a crazy psycho that wants to date you in college. Other than that... It will be an awesome adventure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loganboydsmommy
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I would tell myself not to give that guy a thought, to stay in school, enjoy being young, there is someone much better waiting on down the road. Get help for your depression, stop being ignorant about it, you'll be really glad you did. Stop worrying so much about what people think of you, you only have one life and you don't need to spend it worrying about those kinds of things. I'd also tell myself to be closer to my family, you'll regret you didn't one day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweettigeress
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I don't remember when I was 14.

LilMamaK
by Kaht on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I'd tell my 14 year old self to forget the past and the bad things that happened and to keep my head up. Work harder at school and get ready for the ride of my life! LOL!!

*~*Wifey To Tommy(2.4.11), Mommy to Allyana(7.5.08), & Our angel baby Jovanny(3.6.10)*~*

vvanness89
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I started dating my DH of 9 years, at 14. We went through a lot together, we started having sex (both of our first time) I got pregnant with my oldest DD, Kailyn. And October 18th,2004 my whole life changed!! I had to be an adult, and miss out on my teenage life. I love her with all my heart, but if I could go back I would have waited.. I would have focosed my on school, focused on getting better grades, so I could go to college right out of highschool, hung out with a better group of friends, And not worry so much about the boys!!!

jmpiper
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Well unfortunately I'm pretty sure my 14 yr old self wouldn't listen lol, but i would tell her that "you and mom become great friends after you move out so dont be so angry all the time"
yayay15
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:41 AM
That I didn't need a boyfriend. And John really wasn't that cool or good looking, lol. That things would get better and that I should focus on school instead of the next stupid thing I could do. That my mom was a great mom. I would have cherished her more and tried to make her life easier and treated her better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)