Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What would you tell your 14 year old self? 

I'll go first................I would tell me at 14 slow down, go with your first mind,focus more on school, Don't grow to fast enjoy the years and freedom.

I was a typical teen the boys,parties, hanging out.  I did good in school but I could have done better.  I grew up a little fast.

I saw this question on a show and thought I would ask

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
coupon_ash_back
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Stop reading so many books, and go to a football game or something fun!

MamaCat1121
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell myself to focus on school, stop pushing my older sister away she's the only mom you'll ever really have.....listen to your dad he actually does know what he's talking about. Be honest and stay strong..its hard ahead but an awesome time! Oh and go to college!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomma06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell me to stick with nursing. We had a vocational school and in 11th grade you could take a CNA course, and then during your 12th grade year you could take the LPN program from 12-3pm if you could pass the entrance exam. I did the CNA and 1 yr of the LPN program. I had a 3.6 GPA for my HS classes and a 3.9 GPA for nursing and dropped out of the program because 'I had my entire life ahead of me to work and be serious. I just graduated and want to have some fun!" 6 months later I was pg with my first and am still kicking myself to this day! The first 2 yrs after DD was born would have been so much easier if I would have had that pay increase. I plan on going back one day, just don't know when that will be!

Destiny907
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

DON"T blow off learning!! It will fulfull you far far far more than men will ever do.  Don't be wild- get that good education, you CAN do it.  Education is your ticket to a better life. 

You know, I've often thought- oh boy if I could go back to that age, but with my mind of today- I'd be deadly. LOL I wish. 

mrsbrand
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I would tell myself to hold on tight and don't give up hope, and that I'd make it out alive and mom will be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Study and work hard. Boys don't matter, school does. You will hate yourself in the morning. You are worth more than what your dad thinks. Don't give up. Learn how to study. Stay away from hotels and alcohol. Having no friends is better than the friends you choose. Drop kera. Please don't date Ian or hunter. Keep reading. Take more advanced classes. Get help in math so that you can get up to atleast precalculus. You really do have something wrong with you, but just hang in there, help is on the way. I love you, and I am sorry for the way you feel.
LMEMomma05
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM
I'd tell my 14 yr old self to relax stop trying to be the best and stop trying to fit in with everyone. I was in ballet, needed to be the best at it no matter what got in my way. But I tried so hard to fit in at school and felt a lone. Ehhh glad I grew into myself and realized that if people don't like me for me that's their loss not mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LML1
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM

At 14 I'd say, "self lol enjoy sleeping in, don't drink so much soda, lay off the chips, be yourself, and enjoy life."

Evonavich
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Omg I would have SOOOOO much to tell her! Geez!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redallison
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:55 PM

The most important thing I would have to say is...take it easy on your mom. She is doing the best she can with what she has, and you'll appreciate it all later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN