Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What would you tell your 14 year old self? 

I'll go first................I would tell me at 14 slow down, go with your first mind,focus more on school, Don't grow to fast enjoy the years and freedom.

I was a typical teen the boys,parties, hanging out.  I did good in school but I could have done better.  I grew up a little fast.

I saw this question on a show and thought I would ask

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM
Replies (41-50):
kayteebug93
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I would tell myself to save money and dont take out student loans and don't touch a credit card. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM
this awkward phase will not last forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimbotspot
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I'd tell myself not to do drugs..been clean 3 years now. Dont worry about the boys and being the coolest girl. Stick with your childhood friends because theyll be there for so many years when you need them the most! oh and be nicer to your family, because they're awesome!

midjet117
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM
well i didnt date, i was still a virgin. So i probably would tell myself to get a better sense of style and stop dressing like a loser lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I would say -- Hey, for 14, you rock. I was a pretty rad teenager. 

Amyinthesky
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Leave your mom's house and live at your great grand parents. Never let anyone talk you out of your dreams and finish university. You are loved and you are strong, it will be ok.

AnotherPutra
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I would have advised myself to slow down and focus on school. I would have probably encouraged myself to move in with my grandmother. My mother was very abusive to me at that age and it continued until I was 17 and began when I was 11. If I had lived with my grandma, I would have turned out much better. Probably wouldn't have such low self esteem and would have finished High School. 

wolfybaby
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:11 AM

save your damned money! and keep studying, forget about boys. they take up too much time and theyre dumb at that age. so dumb.

jeslc03
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:36 AM
I would tell her to pull her head out of her hiney so she could follow her dreams of going to college and becoming a nurse, and THEN get married and have babies. Not in reverse.

Also, stay away from the boys until you're old enough to date. In my family that was 16.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I would tell my 14 year old self to not quit the field hockey team freshman year because they went all the way to states.  I would also tell 14 year old me to stop being shy and to go out and have a little fun.  To focus more on school and try a little harder.  

But if 14 year old me hadn't quit the field hockey team I may have gone to college with a scholaship to play.  I wouldn't have gone to school where I live now and I wouldn't have my son.  I might have a child but it sure as heck wouldn't be the one I do have,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)