Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Does it happen to you?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM
  • 15 Replies
I have a pink carseat, pink stroller, pink blanket, and a pink outfit on my dd. And I still get people referring to her as a boy our asking what "his" name is.

Does this ever happen to you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krayzbabylove
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Ugh.. idiots! Yes, it has happened to me.

southernbelle07
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:34 PM
I understand that not every little girl is head to toe pink, but my son has a blue and gray carseat, wears lots of green, and (obviously) doesn't wear bows or dresses or anything, and people ask if he is a boy or girl. It kind of bothers me. It shouldn't because boy stuff is usually neutral, but still...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louise1212
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM
It wouldn't bother me much if they would just ask what it is, but when they just assume it's a boy especially when she's wearing everything pink. I purposely put her in really girlie outfits when we go out so this wont happen. I really never liked the headbands but still I shouldn't need them.

Quoting southernbelle07:

I understand that not every little girl is head to toe pink, but my son has a blue and gray carseat, wears lots of green, and (obviously) doesn't wear bows or dresses or anything, and people ask if he is a boy or girl. It kind of bothers me. It shouldn't because boy stuff is usually neutral, but still...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Ah it used to. I'd dress her in pink, floral, dresses and ppl wld comment on my "lil guy" people are so stupid lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louise1212
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:44 PM

This is my little girl when I took her home from the hospital but I still dress her like this and in the same car seat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bri2011
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg how cute is she!

Quoting louise1212:

This is my little girl when I took her home from the hospital but I still dress her like this and in the same car seat

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM
when ds was a baby he had tons of hair, long eyelashes, and beautiful blue eyes, he always wore blue and dark colors but he still got mistaken for a girl. I used to hear hes too pretty to be a girl all the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaches9
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I did for a long time. My little girl was wearing a stripped skirt, a shirt with a glittery cupcake on it and more than one person asked me old old "he " was. really? It was  " Oh my gosh he is so cute. How old is he?" Sometimes all you can do is just smile.

louise1212
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I say loudly and very clear SHE is so on, and so on.

Quoting Peaches9:

I did for a long time. My little girl was wearing a stripped skirt, a shirt with a glittery cupcake on it and more than one person asked me old old "he " was. really? It was  " Oh my gosh he is so cute. How old is he?" Sometimes all you can do is just smile.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ang1976
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Lol! I had my DD out one day. She was dressed all in pink and had a pink cover for her carrier. Someone looked at me and said àww, is it a boy or a girl?" I looked them at then and it took everything not to say "are you serious? Do you not see the pink cover and 'her' pink clothes??" Pretty obvious if you ask me. Some people are just clueless!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)