Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

sixteen weeks pg and worried. i bent down and it hurt so bad :( need advice

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:24 AM
  • 14 Replies

while i was trying to get off of the couch i bent down to set the lap top on the floor and ouch! i felt so much pressure on my tummy. it felt like i almost popped out my womb! im so worried that this might have hurt the baby :(

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaiVal
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:27 AM

I'm sure baby is fine, right now all your muscles and everything is beginning to stretch. It happens. When i stretch in the morning i can get cramps, and sometimes through out the day my abdomen is sore. I'm 15 weeks :)

ConnorMom228
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Baby is fine. But it's at the point now where you are growing more and you will be more aware of your belly. Bending is going to be harder. Pretty soon, you will be rolling out of bed, instead of sitting up :-).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:28 AM
I doubt it did. You're probably just getting to the point where ur baby bump is starting to get kinda hard, maybe even show. (I dnt even remember showing much til 21 weeks or so..) Just try to keep tht in mind..yr tummy will lose the ability to "bend" at all before ya know it. Of course if you're very concerned you should see ur doctor asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Needlesmama
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM

sounds like your ligaments and abdominal muscles were just protesting that movement, that is normal, just stand up more slowly and be aware that anything like sit-ups will start hurting so use your arms to push yourself up instead...baby is fine mama

Reina13
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I agree with all the PPs, I think you will be fine. If you are still concerned, call your doctor. Better to be safe than sorry.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Brandiec214
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:54 PM

yep you are fine there are going to be MANY of pains some that dont really hurt but more uncomfortable and then of course the ones that actually do hurt. I showed very early and it was very weird for me at first. Everyone is different but like everyone else has said call your doctor if you worried.

LML1
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM

If your tummy still hurts call your ob's office. I'm sure they have a nurse on call : )

sweetieiv
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Feel better soon momma. Don't worry perhaps you where wearing something a bit tight and it pushed your belly? Remember right now your body is more sensitive than usual. If this is your first pregnancy you should go get the book what to expect when you're expecting. Its awsome and answers a lot of questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QJsmommy
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I'm only 14 weeks and it hurts me sometimes, I really wouldn't worry but if you are, just call the doc to reassure yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyluv0686
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM

it sounds like something called 'round ligament pain' mine started around 14 weeks and it only happens when you move certain ways i at first thought it was the baby moving but i knew it was way to early for that and i started looking around the internet and found excatly what i was feeling and they called it round ligament pain i hope this helps i would still talk to my dr about it though just so she/he is aware that you are having it  it doesnt happen that much anymore for me since i read the artical it said not to sit up to fast and watch how you lean over good luck and hope you feel better :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN