Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What would you do in this situation? Would you demand some kind of compensation or appology?

We went to a medical conference this week. We rented a cabin with 7 other families (that we know very well). The guys were gone all day lecturing to medical students and taking classes themselves while the girls stayed at the cabin with the kids. Last night one of our friends invited thier friends (who none of us knew) to come over to play games and eat dinner with us. Brinley was riding her bike on the big wrap around porch while I was inside helping to cook dinner. DH was outside helping to watch kids. Brinley disappeared around the side of the porch and all the sudden we just heard this awful scream and lots of crying. When Brinley came back around the corner she had blood gushing out of her nose and these older boys had her bike. John examined her and determined that she indeed had a broken nose. We got her an xray when we got back in town to confirm it today. He called a good friend who is a plastic surgeon. She is going to meet us tomorrow after she gets out of church to see if Brinley is going to need surgery to set her nose so that she does not have any lasting effects.There is only about a  72 hour window (for best results) which is why she is doing us a HUGE favor and meeting us on a Sunday. 

So, let me get to the point. The older boys wanted Brinley's bike so they grabbed her from the back to stop her and she flung forward and smacked her face on the handle bars resulting in a broken nose, 2 black eyes, and a busted lip. These were boys that I do NOT know and do not know the parents. They were about 10-12 years old and Brinley is 3. I am outraged. The parents DID nothing and did not even have them appologize. The dad just said "kids will be kids". I am so pissed. Brinley is probably going to have to have surgery and I know it is going to be expensive. I am not mad about the money because thankfully we can afford it but the principle is what infuriates me. I feel like the boys should be accountable for what they did. DH says we just need to forget it and move on. I really think that a boy who is nearly a teenager should know better than to do that to a little girl! She is seriously hurt now.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (41-44):
BabiesRmyheart
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM
That's aweful. I would make them pay because that poor girl is so sad. And in so much pain. Have you talked to your other friends that were there? What do they say about it?

Quoting missbrinleysmom:

She is in a lot of pain. Her face literally looks awful. I feel so bad for her. Everytime she looks in the mirrir she says that she looks scary and then she starts crying even more. DH might be changing his mind about how he is feeling about us needing to just leave it alone. When it first happened it did not seem as serious as we thought but after consulting with our friend it looks like the bridge of her nose is completely snapped and will require surgery to set the bone properly so that she will hopefully look like herself again. They gave us pain medicine for her since she is so uncomfortable but since she is allergic to codeine the other thing they can give her is making her totally loopy...poor girl.

Quoting BabiesRmyheart:

How is your dd feeling now?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missbrinleysmom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I also have to add that when she flung forward she whacked her vagina REALLY hard on the bar in the middle (it is a boys bike we got from a friend). I did not even realize it till this morning when I had her in the bath. Her vagina/pubic area is black and blue. My stomach just sank when I saw it. It is  very tender and every time she does as much as sit wrong she is crying out in pain. She has to wear a skirt and no panties because any type of pressure to the area seems so unbearable. DH examined her to make sure there is no tissue damage or anything and that it is just bruised. I'm just so upset by all of this.

skittlebeans88
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

oh fuck no. I'd sue the parets just to get the point through to them that they need to teach the little shit head kid of theirs some manners! Some times money isn't the point. Making sure people know that they fucked up, and need to change is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I'd flip shit. That doesn't sound like kids being kids, but honestly, even if it was... That does not change the fact that older boys SERIOSULY injuried a LITTLE girl!
Wtf do BOY'S want with a 3 yo's GIRL bike???? It more than likely at the very least is too small for them, and most likely had training wheels!
I'd send then the medical bills or threaten to press charges for assault.

Eta: just saw your update about her groin area.

I am so sorry! Hugs to your little girl, it's bad enough that her face hurts :-(
Id seriously consider charges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)