Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

anyone love your mom-but don't like her?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM
  • 49 Replies
I cannot stand my mom and I have learnEd everything not to do when raising my children. Any one else have a not so good relationship with your mother?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyluv0686
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:55 AM

ME!! I love my mom to death but when it comes to having convos with her or getting advice or anything else for that matter she is not the one i depend on we havent really got along with one another for a really long time sometimes i think we both just tolerate each other for the sake of others like for me its for my kids for her its for her husband and its only gotten worse since she got remarried she is a completely different person i dont even know anymore :(

Clynn301
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I think I know exactly how you feel.  I feel attatchment to my mother because she's essentially all the family I have.  However, she was a pretty shit mother.  I have been pretty bitter with her in the past and only about a year ago has our relationship smoothed out.  I don't go to her for advice in raising my own child.  She's a good grandma, great with my son.  I really think being a grandma suits her because there's no real responsibility and when she gets angry I can take over.  I admit at times special occasions like mother's day are trying because there's all these cards expressing really deep feelings and sometimes all those old wounds get reopened lol.  I know it's petty.  But I feel really she has just always set me up for failure and.  I would say that I love her though, mostly because she was all I had for a long time, not because of much of anything she's done.

krayzbabylove
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM
I both love and like my mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Id do anything to have my mom here period. when I was 14 I found her dead... She was only 32. That was 13 years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.shank.
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:06 AM
I love my mother. Because she's my mother and for no other reason than that.

She's better now than when she raised me. She's great to my kids. I simply cannot bond with her remembering my childhood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsCorky
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:07 AM
My mom is very distant most of the time. She is going through her 4th divorce and I didn't even know thy spilt up till 4 months later. I love her to death but we are not close at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treasure1212
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:07 AM
I love my mom but man sometimes I just don't like her. I admit I have had issues with her for a long time . The things she did to all us kids was horrible.( nothing physical). But she doesn't know how much issues I've been hiding from her. She act more like a distant friend not a mom.

My stepmom is a whole different story I love her to peices and can talk to her and my dad about anything . She has been there to help me through so much. She's great for when I just need to talk and cry . In my opinion she is my mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saranda
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM
My mom has passed away almost 5 years ago. But I am who I am because of her, I use the same mothering tips of being a mom I am today as she did raising us. She was and always will be the greatest mother ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
by Katie on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:14 AM
It's a long story
JazzieBrogdon
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Yea I know what u mean, I love my mom 2 death & we get along really well, I just don't like her some times, nor do I go 2 her for any advice on how 2 raise my ds, I practically raised all my brothers & sister so if i do need any advice i ask my aunt who helped raise me, my mom kind of anoys me some times because 43 & still tries to dress & act like a 23yo but she is a good grandma to my ds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN