Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

anyone love your mom-but don't like her?

Posted by   + Show Post
I cannot stand my mom and I have learnEd everything not to do when raising my children. Any one else have a not so good relationship with your mother?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Replies (41-49):
LovableFox
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Absotively posolutely! My mom is bi-polar, judgmental, controlling and otherwise irrational all kinds of criticism and ridicule, harsh and unempathetic :( but I sent her a lovely purple sweater acryllic of her favorite brand and a nice card that lets her know she's in my prayers...

firespurity
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM

ME!!!!!

yuliaann
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:13 AM

my mom doesnt even wants to meet her grandchild....u do the math if i like her or not

lissy86
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:30 AM

My mum and I didnt have the best relationship untill after I fell pregnant. We faught for many years it got to the point where I moved out because the situatuion was toxic for my baby sister.

Quickscript
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep I can relate. My mom and I have never seemed to get along well, she seems lost in her own thoughts and worried about herself first and foremost. But it's helped me in a way because I know what not to do with my own daughter. As they say, you can't pick family.
BrittniMoyer
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I always had trouble having a relationship with my mom growing up.. i didn't start to develop one until after i had my dd and was out of the house.. i could never please her, no matter what i did, she always put on a show when people were around acting wonderful and sweet to me, then when people weren't around she was a completely different person.. it is and always has been about appearance to others.. she was a very jealous person who thought she knew it all, there was always a competition (whether it be weight/popularity)and she seemed to jealous of the bond i had with my father.. which unfortunately suffered due to my mom and my frequent arguments and my mom would get my dad involved and in turn he became violent..my dads mother called me to tell me at 15/16 years old i was the reason my parents had problems in their marriage.. so i gave up and would stay at friends house often.. i ran away from home on multiple occasions so i wouldn't have to deal with the bs i would face at home..they had called the cops on me for leaving...they had me sent away and my mom told people at the church i attended that i was on drugs (this was not true at all) i wish she would of talked about me instead of behind my back to others..my grades slipped and my mom told me how it was embarrassing that teachers would call her.. i made her look like a bad mom..at 16 i dropped out of highschool and obtained my GED, i was working as much as i could and had plans of going to school.. due to me dropping out my parents wouldn't let me go for my license and as much as i worked it wasn't good enough and i seemed to annoy them because i had to be driven there.. my parents threw me out of the house at 17..i had to quit my job and i stayed with my grandparents..i hit an all time low.. i felt lost.. i honestly never felt like my mother loved me.. she never expressed it.. i felt like i was just a burden to her.. i didn't speak to her again until not too long after starting to date my dh and i tried soo hard to maintain a relationship with her even though it wasn't always easy, i didn't want to hold that grudge and i wanted to move forward in my life with out all that hurt holding me down, honestly, we didn't start bonding until i became a mother..i love my mother.. sometimes i wonder if she loves me.. but i do love her.. do i like her and the way she acts.. not so much.. but i forgive her...maybe she just didn't know any better. 

Quickscript
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:55 PM
sometimes that's all that matters is if you forgive...even if they hold onto things. We can't control if others want to harbor resentment or jealousy, we can only move forward as adults. I've finally learned that...wish I had sooner but oh well!
dobrd
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM

GinnMom, I know how you feel Honey.. My greatest fear growing up was 'Please God, I don't want to be like my mother'.. I not only didn't like her, I didn't respect her at all.. She was far from a nice person.. She was a 'USER'.. There are 7 kids so, she would make the rounds to 'BORROW' $$ from the one who had the most to give her.. These type times were the only times she'd be nice to us.. I was different.. I put her in her place from day one.. From our kids to how we should arrange our furniture.. Never treated grandkids alike. Our animals greet everyone, she'd push them away w/her feet or w/something she had in her hand.. That pissed me off!! I told her to get the hell out/stay out.. It was 5 yrs before she died that she wasn't welcomed in our home.. My mother knew better than to say anything about how I was rasing our kids.. She knew better not to descipline them in our home, or over ride me about our kids.. I didn't put up w/that.. I've always been outspoken/opinionated.. I don't hold it in.. Sorry your mother treated you bad Honey.. Take Care, Donna....

MountieMama
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Me!!! Glad I'm not alone. I live my life not wanting to be like her. She never put me first. Ever. And even sent me away to my Nana's when I was a baby. She doesn't know that I know. Now she tries to give me advice on raising a newborn. And says that motherhood came easy to me JUST LIKE IT DID FOR HER! Fml
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN