Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Online school???

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:44 AM
  • 13 Replies

Is online schools worth the money?? How hard is it to find a job with a degree from an online school?? What online schools are the best??

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wendy1433
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

idk what school you are thinking about going to... but im going to start attending school at one of our community college but going to do as many online classes as i can so i can have support from teacher in real life lol or online... good luck to you

nomadbrat83
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:28 AM
My twin sister's graduate degree was obtained online and she has had several jobs opportunities since she graduated a year ago. Also she has been offered an adjunct position with a college along with her daytime job. I am currently in a Masters degree program online. A different school than my sister but both schools are brick and mortar colleges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Burke11
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Quoting nomadbrat83:

My twin sister's graduate degree was obtained online and she has had several jobs opportunities since she graduated a year ago. Also she has been offered an adjunct position with a college along with her daytime job. I am currently in a Masters degree program online. A different school than my sister but both schools are brick and mortar colleges.???

1stpreggers
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Im starting online thro a local college, the degrees mean the same regardless of online or physical class. Its the school that matters.

nomadbrat83
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Schools that actually have a real physical location where students take classes. I.e. A traditional university as opposed to a strictly online school only.

Quoting Mrs.Burke11:

Quoting nomadbrat83:

My twin sister's graduate degree was obtained online and she has had several jobs opportunities since she graduated a year ago. Also she has been offered an adjunct position with a college along with her daytime job. I am currently in a Masters degree program online. A different school than my sister but both schools are brick and mortar colleges.???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
So true... Its about if the school is actually accredited. I did my BA and MA at traditional schools... But now I'm doing my doctorates online. Research research research... Like certain degrees/jobs need certifications or licenses. Check the accrediting body for what are approved programs that are also online.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Im starting online thro a local college, the degrees mean the same regardless of online or physical class. Its the school that matters.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM
its important to choose an online program from an actual college or university. I had no problem getting a job with my degree. A big thing is can you go to the school and talk to someone? Do they require proctored exams? I went through columbia which has a lot of satelitte campuses but their main campus is near where I live in missouri.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM
its important to choose an online program from an actual college or university. I had no problem getting a job with my degree. A big thing is can you go to the school and talk to someone? Do they require proctored exams? I went through columbia which has a lot of satelitte campuses but their main campus is near where I live in missouri.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samjoel
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I am looking for the same info....lol

mstevens10
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Find a college near you or a college you would normally attend if you were actually going to class. Then research them for online courses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN