Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Let me Disprove Some Stereotypes Here

Posted by   + Show Post

I have my medical marijuana license and with all of the discussion about it, let me tell ya a bit about my life....I'm sure I'll lose some 'friends' over this.

I smoke weed because I have anxiety, headaches, nausea and insomnia. I wake up 5 mornings a week feeling like I'm going to hurl. Most days I can manage it until my DD goes to take a nap. Then I can take a few hits and finally eat something. I am 5'3 and weigh in at a whopping 108lbs, soaking wet. If I didn't smoke, I'm pretty sure I'd whither away.

I have seen my regular doctor for the nausea, the main reason I have my license. He did a full blood panel and couldn't find a reason for my nausea. He prescribed man made drugs that made me really sleepy and unable to function with my kiddo. After that failed, he told me to manage it the best I can, and so I am.

For the most part, I smoke while my daughter is sleeping. Though there are occasional  mornings where in order to fix her breakfast without yacking all over it, I have to step outside. She is never around the smoke itself, and does not have access to my medicine. Yes, medicine.

Being high around my child does not mean that I am irresponsible. In a lot of regards, I am able to focus on PLAYING and being silly. At high stress times in my life, like right now, that can be a great way to pull out of my grief and be active. ACTIVE. Yes, not all people who get high melt into heir furniture. In fact, I find it gets me moving. Gets me up and focused on my housework. My house is CLEAN (oh yeah that's right, another stereotype). I run around at the park WITH my child instead of sitting on the bench and watching. 

That being said, I do not NEED to smoke to be around my daughter or have fun or keep a clean house. But if I'm sick alllllll day, it helps. When I was pregnant, I quit, no problems. Once I was able to keep food down, I gave it up. It didn't bug me, I was fine. Only after I had my DD and the intense nausea came back did I pick it up again. When we have more kids, I will quit just the same.

So there ya have it, bash away. Hate me if you must.

Note** I do not drink. I can't stand the way it makes me feel and will have a cocktail only once in a while. Usually on vacation. My SO is a recovering alcoholic and its never in our house. IMO, alcohol is a stupid, stupid DRUG.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Replies (71-74):
Christiansmom44
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Not everyone smokes.

Quoting nay693:

What do u mean not even close to the truth?

Quoting Christiansmom44:

Not even close to the truth.

Quoting nay693:

MAN I COULDN'T HVE SAID IT.BETTER MYSELF PEOPLE MAKE IT SEEM LIKE SMOKING WEED IS SOO BAD MAN GET OUT OF HERE EVERYONE SMOKES

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvLili131
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Good for you! Your lucky :) But I like the fact that you stood up to all the Stereotypes!!! If there were more people like you I'm sure there wouldn't be such a bad name for it!! I'm glad you have found something that helps with your issues also.

jlocsgirl
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I see no problem with it at all. If people would stop listening to the lies and propoganda from the government, they would realize it is very safe and effective. Smoking marijuana does not make you a criminal or bad parent. The government is the only reason it makes you a "criminal". It is so sad to me that many people who use medical marijuana are still hassled by police. It's none of their business! It is your medicine, and that's that. Marijuana is not a drug. It is a medicinal herb that has been successfully and SAFELY used for thousands of years. I would much rather smoke or eat marijuana than take pharmaceutical drugs with all the awful side effects.

KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Thank you but there are A LOT of people like me!! My dr who prescribed it is a Harvard graduate. I see lawyers and teachers come out of his office. Same as when I go to the dispensaries. Some of the nicest people are there that most conservatives wouldn't suspect.

And my shop is across the street from a police station!

Quoting LuvLili131:

Good for you! Your lucky :) But I like the fact that you stood up to all the Stereotypes!!! If there were more people like you I'm sure there wouldn't be such a bad name for it!! I'm glad you have found something that helps with your issues also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN