Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

let the bashing begin. pitbull post

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM
  • 67 Replies
2 moms liked this
Yesterday we had some gusty winds. I'm assuming the wind blew our side gate open and my 70 pound pitbull got out. I was laying on the couch while my kids napped and I hear "HEY!!" I look up through the window and a guy on a bike yells, "Do you own a pitbull?!?" I go outside and he yells, "its over there attacking that man and his 2 dogs!!!" I look over and my dog is wagging his tail playing with the dogs. I go off on the guy telling him that my dog is jot attacking, that he's playing and for him to get lost. The guy keeps talking shit as I'm running over to the other guy to get my dog. When I get their I apologize and ask if everything is alright. He says "yeah no problem. He just came over to play, I don't know what this guy is talking about." I apologize again and thank him. He goes on his way while the fat ass on the bike continues running his mouth but tries to tell me he didn't say he was attacking and I tell him to f off. He rides away talking more shit. I'm sorry my dog got out and believe me, it will never happen again. I fear more for my dog's safety. The dogs in this neighborhood are vicious and bark at anyone walking by. My dog does not bark, only if someone is hurting me or trying to break in. So sick of people labeling my poor dog without knowing him.

And to top it off, I took him for walk today and EVERY dog in the neighborhood barked and growled and wanted to tear him to shreds and all he did was keep sniffing. Ugh ok vent over! Just had to share.

And for you bashers, yea I understand that I should have taken more precautions and secure my dog better. That's not what's bothering me, I take full responsibility for that. What bothers me is he wrongfully accused my dog of attacking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LMM_4027
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
And just an FYI, I have padlocked the side gate since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstevens10
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Some people just won't give the breed a chance. :(

mrsbrand
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Aww poor guy! I hope you don't have any more issues with the gate. And that dude seems like a total douche.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
H.E.Smama
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this
:-( i personally won't own anything but a pitt :-) such a goof loyal breed! only thing i trust around my baby!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:52 PM

WOW!!!! Ya-that guy was TOTALLY an IDIOT for saying your dog was 'attacking' when he OBVIOUSLY, was NOT!! Sorry--but if your dog had been attacking, you would have heard screaming, dogs barking, growling etc!!!!! The MEDIA is the problem!!!! They blow up every pitbull attack for DAYS in the news!!! "Other" dogs attack too!!!! I've known PLENTY of pit owners who say the ONLY reason their dog would EVER attack someone, is if someone was trying to get into their house/yard or were attacking the owners/owners children. Otherwise, their pits are the SWEETEST, BEST dogs EVER!! I have a friend who has a HUGE pit that sleeps in her DD's bed with her!!!! Her DD is 12-years-old.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:53 PM

i know. it's so sad. :( 

Quoting mstevens10:

Some people just won't give the breed a chance. :(

layawatling
by Laya :) on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM
I love pits. Unfortunately they will always have a bad rep tho...which is sad because honestly I've owned one, a boxer, a saint bernard and currently a bull mastiff old english bully cross and they have all been gentle giants. The only one I had problems with was my saint and he just hated when other dogs he didn't know would come around. He'd become pretty vicious. But my pit never had a bad bone in her body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tasha94952
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM
My pit was the best dog I ever had! Any type of dog can bite and misbehave. It's how you train them! pits are one of the most loyal dogs out there!! :) I cant wait to get another one day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea05
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Pits get an awful rap. Drives me nuts. I had a pitbull and she was the sweetest most gentle dog I ever met. She went blind and we had to put her down, broke my heart! 

People said all kinds of crap, said I was an awful mom for having that THING around my kids blah blah blah. Haters gonna hate! I feel your pain though!

Here is my vicious beast. RIP I miss this puppy :(

LMM_4027
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
It really is a shame. Like I said, if the problem is that my dog got out and you're mad, sure go ahead and go off on me. That I'll take but the attacking? Hell no, you're going to hear a piece of my mind asshole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)