Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

let the bashing begin. pitbull post

Posted by   + Show Post
Yesterday we had some gusty winds. I'm assuming the wind blew our side gate open and my 70 pound pitbull got out. I was laying on the couch while my kids napped and I hear "HEY!!" I look up through the window and a guy on a bike yells, "Do you own a pitbull?!?" I go outside and he yells, "its over there attacking that man and his 2 dogs!!!" I look over and my dog is wagging his tail playing with the dogs. I go off on the guy telling him that my dog is jot attacking, that he's playing and for him to get lost. The guy keeps talking shit as I'm running over to the other guy to get my dog. When I get their I apologize and ask if everything is alright. He says "yeah no problem. He just came over to play, I don't know what this guy is talking about." I apologize again and thank him. He goes on his way while the fat ass on the bike continues running his mouth but tries to tell me he didn't say he was attacking and I tell him to f off. He rides away talking more shit. I'm sorry my dog got out and believe me, it will never happen again. I fear more for my dog's safety. The dogs in this neighborhood are vicious and bark at anyone walking by. My dog does not bark, only if someone is hurting me or trying to break in. So sick of people labeling my poor dog without knowing him.

And to top it off, I took him for walk today and EVERY dog in the neighborhood barked and growled and wanted to tear him to shreds and all he did was keep sniffing. Ugh ok vent over! Just had to share.

And for you bashers, yea I understand that I should have taken more precautions and secure my dog better. That's not what's bothering me, I take full responsibility for that. What bothers me is he wrongfully accused my dog of attacking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
kyuteangl88
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Be careful moms, I had someone intentionally let my pit out and take her tags off so that if she were found nobody could call me. She got hit by a car and died, all because some asshole had a twisted view of the breed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4vr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:08 PM

and i should add that i almost had a chunck of my thigh bit off by my neighbors pit...he was super sweet if he got out of his yard...which was often he was a ninja! lol but if u came on his property without the owners he would attack...that was my fault when it almost happened...i didnt know and thought he wanted his ball that was out of his reach (they didnt have a fence yet and he was chained up) i walked up to him and he rolled over acting like he wanted his belly rubbed...when i did he snapped..i got away but the inner thigh of my shorts were shredded. but again...that was MY FAULT i still adore pits! i dont judge all by just one incedent!

MamaHome
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Seriously?

What the hell is wrong with people? Jesus.

Quoting kyuteangl88:

Be careful moms, I had someone intentionally let my pit out and take her tags off so that if she were found nobody could call me. She got hit by a car and died, all because some asshole had a twisted view of the breed.

MamaHome
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Not even remotely accurate.

Quoting GirlWSlingshot:

That's not accurate.

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

They have a bad rep because their skull is too small for their brains and they are in constant pain so they are unpredictable... I would never own one just because my mother would never come see me if I did (her brother almost got his face torn off by one when he was really little), but I love all dogs. Any way... I was hoping this post was about the other kind of pitbull...you know the sexy one. LoL. JK...

kyuteangl88
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Yeah! AND the police wouldn't do anything about it because it was 'just a dog'. We rescued her, her and my daughter were the same age, they were best friends :(

Quoting MamaHome:

Seriously?

Quoting kyuteangl88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM

That's really sad,

I'm sorry. ;(

Quoting kyuteangl88:

Yeah! AND the police wouldn't do anything about it because it was 'just a dog'. We rescued her, her and my daughter were the same age, they were best friends :(

Quoting MamaHome:

Seriously?

Quoting kyuteangl88:

ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:39 PM
its bs that pitbulls get a bad rep from a few people that choose to raise them wrong. I used to work for a woman with a pitbull named baby, and thats what he was, a big baby. Our neighbors have one two and comes up everytime we walk by to kiss my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy200
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:40 PM
its bs that pitbulls get a bad rep from a few people that choose to raise them wrong. I used to work for a woman with a pitbull named baby, and thats what he was, a big baby. Our neighbors have one two and comes up everytime we walk by to kiss my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tierneyschrader
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Aww! Ours looks just like that! Ours is a rescue dog and a boy. His name is Sam (Samson) and he's a big baby lol

Quoting SweetPea05:

Pits get an awful rap. Drives me nuts. I had a pitbull and she was the sweetest most gentle dog I ever met. She went blind and we had to put her down, broke my heart! 

People said all kinds of crap, said I was an awful mom for having that THING around my kids blah blah blah. Haters gonna hate! I feel your pain though!

Here is my vicious beast. RIP I miss this puppy :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scubamommy2001
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting SweetPea05:

Pits get an awful rap. Drives me nuts. I had a pitbull and she was the sweetest most gentle dog I ever met. She went blind and we had to put her down, broke my heart! People said all kinds of crap, said I was an awful mom for having that THING around my kids blah blah blah. Haters gonna hate! I feel your pain though!

Here is my vicious beast. RIP I miss this puppy :(

I don't know who looks more vicious, the dog or the kid...lol. Totally cute!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)