Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My dh trusts y'all over google. So he wants to know....

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
What's a good workout for your lower abs? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tarakay0417
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM

BUMP!

misslady80013
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Sit ups?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM
LOL no idea but that's cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatmynameagain
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Belly dancing. It's supposed to br great for your whole body abs included/)Lol.;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saucykitty22
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Bicycle crunches will do lower and upper abs. I also lay flat on my back straight as a board, feet together. Then lift both legs at the same time about 4-6 inches straight up and back down slowly. For more burn I hold at the top of the lift.

ambermarie2006
by Amber on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Top 5 Lower Ab Exercises For Men
Photo Credit Comstock Images/Comstock/Getty Images

While many exercises train the upper abdominals, isolating the lower abdominals can seem difficult. This is because the majority of ab exercises primarily involve the upper body moving toward a relaxed lower body. In those exercises, the lower abdominals aren't fully engaged. The key to engaging the lower abdominals is to involve the lower body in the exercise. Consult a doctor before starting an exercise program.

Hanging Knee Raise

Knee raises target and isolate the lower rectus abdominus muscles. To perform this exercise, attach arm harnesses to a chin-up bar, secure your arms within them, and let your body hang. Keeping your feet together, raise your knees as close as you can to your chest. Pause at the top of the raise and squeeze your abdominals for two to three seconds. Lower your legs back to the starting position. Repeat until fatigued.

Exercises For Lower Back Pain Learn about exercises for lower back pain. Get help & feel better right here. ArthritisGuidance.com

Stability Ball Knee Tucks

Stability ball exercises provide some of the most efficient training opportunities available, and knee tucks are no exception. Start on all fours with the stability ball beneath your torso. Walk your hands forward until your feet are off the floor and your thighs rest on the ball. While engaging your core, pull your knees toward your chest and your hips toward the ceiling. The ball will roll forward and stay under your shins and feet. Hold this position for two seconds, then slowly lower your hips and extend your legs, letting the ball roll back under your thighs. Repeat for sets of 10 to 15 repetitions until fatigued.

Cable Crunches

Cable crunches work both the lower and upper rectus abdominus muscles, and are preferred by bodybuilders because they can be executed with heavy resistance. Attach a rope to a pull-down machine and kneel beneath it, grasping the ends of the rope with both hands. Hold the ends of the rope close to the top of your forehead and crunch downward, bringing your head toward your knees. Pause at the bottom for one to three seconds. Slowly raise your torso to the starting position. Repeat until fatigued.

V-Ups

Any abdominal exercise that requires you to lift your feet off the ground will target the lower rectus abdominus. To execute a V-up, sit with your legs outstretched in front of you and your feet together. Prop yourself up on your elbows so that your torso is at a 15- to 20-degree angle to the floor. Keeping your feet together and your legs straight, lift your feet until your legs are at a 45-degree angle to the floor. Brace your core and extend your hands toward your feet. Squeeze your abdominal muscles and reach your hands toward your feet, lifting part of your back off the floor. When your hands are as close to your feet as they can get, hold that position for one to three seconds. Lower your torso back to a 15- to 20-degree angle, and then repeat until fatigued.

V-Ins

V-ins are similar to V-ups, but when doing a V-in, your lower body performs most of the moving. Sit crosswise on a weight bench. Hold onto the sides of the bench, lean back so that your torso is at a 45-degree angle, and extend your legs directly in front of your hips. Simultaneously crunch your abdominals toward your hips, and pull your knees toward your chin. Hold the position for one to three seconds. Repeat until fatigued.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/521764-top-5-lower-ab-exercises-for-men/#ixzz1tUIFPnsd
EmmaZate
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Belly dancing, Pole Dancing, Or Zumba! Thats how I got my body back after baby #1!! 

Wifey to Mat, Mommy to Beautiful Payten and 2 sweet Angel babies

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Planks, bicycles leg raises, leg scissors, varying types of sit ups. Anything core related.... I use bodybuilding.com to make up various workouts. I combo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Here are some suggested exercises from ACE (The American Council On Exercise). ACE is a non-profit accreditation body that certifies/educates personal trainers. So, they are legit (there are other organizations that certify, but ACE is a big, respected, one.) 

This is a link for a core work out:  http://www.acefitness.org/workouts/5/, If you look at the individual exercise, it will tell you which muscles it targets specifically.  So, for example, a suggested warm up exercise is a side plank with straight leg, which, among other things, targets the Transverse Abdominus (the side of your abs), which is one area that he will want to work on to get the lower abs looking toned up. 

navybeauty88
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Leg lifts? I think that is what that are called lol. Lay flat on your back with your legs sticking straight up on a 90 degree angle and lower them down to at least a 45 degree angle (or lower), use your lower abdomin muscles to pull them. Repeat lol. You can also do one leg at a time and alternate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN